IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson winging it too ?
1/20/22, 10:39 PM   #31
Re: Thorson winging it too ?
progressive22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'd like to see that list also.
No list exist. LOL

2 members like this post: motorhead748, Russ
1/21/22, 1:59 AM   #32
WingedFan2019

Race Count This Year: 9
Race Count Last Year: 49

Lets face it. USAC is 3rd on the totem pole when it comes to Sprint car racing. The racing is simply not good as the world of outlaws or all stars and the crowd count shows it. I'd go as far to say the average World of Outlaw show has a bigger crowd than USAC's biggest race of the year. Don't blame KTJ, Windom or Thorson for going wing. USAC is an indiana based series aside from a week in pennsylvania and the end of the year in california where its too cold to race here. They rotate between the same 10 tracks all year and nothing new is happening where as WOO is hitting multiple new tracks every year expanding their fanbase. not only is winged racing better, the 2 main series are ran much better aswell. Congrats Tanner ill be rooting for you all year, and good choice!

5 members like this post: 2rock21, bighd0522, motorhead748, PIT CART, Russ
1/21/22, 8:21 AM   #33
The Old Coyote

2 members like this post: 3R, Charles Nungester
1/21/22, 9:27 AM   #34
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019 View Post
Lets face it. USAC is 3rd on the totem pole when it comes to Sprint car racing. The racing is simply not good as the world of outlaws or all stars and the crowd count shows it. I'd go as far to say the average World of Outlaw show has a bigger crowd than USAC's biggest race of the year. Don't blame KTJ, Windom or Thorson for going wing. USAC is an indiana based series aside from a week in pennsylvania and the end of the year in california where its too cold to race here. They rotate between the same 10 tracks all year and nothing new is happening where as WOO is hitting multiple new tracks every year expanding their fanbase. not only is winged racing better, the 2 main series are ran much better aswell. Congrats Tanner ill be rooting for you all year, and good choice!
The USAC racing is not as good as the World of Outlaws?
You are on drugs if you think that.

1/21/22, 11:03 AM   #35
Midget98

Quote:

While I believe most here would disagree about your view of the racing action itself, it would be hard for many to argue that USAC is definitely a level or two below the World of Outlaws when it comes to promotion, fanfare, and the overall atmosphere of the events on their schedule. I believe this is due to the fact that USAC is strictly a sanctioning body and they don't seem to want to become anything more than that. Realistically, they don't promote anything and rely soley on the individual venues and promoters to handle the vast majority of that part of the business. The World of Outlaws,however, is actively engaged in promotion of their events as well as the atmosphere that surrounds their events. While I would much prefer to watch even a local non-wing show over a World of Outlaws show, I have been to many of both and will say without a doubt that the atmosphere and hype surrounding the WoO cannot be compared to a USAC show. With the high level of competition for the entertainment dollar, the hype and excitement is what puts people in the stands that are willing to pay a little bit more per ticket to be there. All of the rest (higher payouts, more big money sponsorship, etc.) is driven by the number of people that the events draw and the ticket prices that they are able to charge those people.

3 members like this post: Jonr, SpfldMile, TNRustler
1/21/22, 11:17 AM   #36
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget98 View Post
While I believe most here would disagree about your view of the racing action itself, it would be hard for many to argue that USAC is definitely a level or two below the World of Outlaws when it comes to promotion, fanfare, and the overall atmosphere of the events on their schedule. I believe this is due to the fact that USAC is strictly a sanctioning body and they don't seem to want to become anything more than that. Realistically, they don't promote anything and rely soley on the individual venues and promoters to handle the vast majority of that part of the business. The World of Outlaws,however, is actively engaged in promotion of their events as well as the atmosphere that surrounds their events. While I would much prefer to watch even a local non-wing show over a World of Outlaws show, I have been to many of both and will say without a doubt that the atmosphere and hype surrounding the WoO cannot be compared to a USAC show. With the high level of competition for the entertainment dollar, the hype and excitement is what puts people in the stands that are willing to pay a little bit more per ticket to be there. All of the rest (higher payouts, more big money sponsorship, etc.) is driven by the number of people that the events draw and the ticket prices that they are able to charge those people.
. According to this they are spending money on promotion.
Last edited by kinser; 10/24/23 at 9:13 AM.

2 members like this post: bighd0522, opnwhlmnd
1/21/22, 11:20 AM   #37
captrat

Quote:
Trolling is allowed, but at least support opinion with verifiable evidence.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, mc/rider
1/21/22, 11:59 AM   #38
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintfanatic View Post
WOO 10000, 6000, 3500, 2800, 2500, 2300, 2200, 2100, 2050, 2000, 1600, 1400, 1200, 1100, 1050, 15-24 1000 Total 50,800
AS 6000,2800,2000,1500,1350,1300,1250,1200,1150,1100, 850,750,650,600,600,600,575,575,575, 20-24 550 Total 28,175
ASCS Not much, but that is too much I will see if I can find - Found It!
ascs 4000,2000,1200,1100,1000,800,700,600,500,480,460,4 40,420, 15-24 400 Total 18,100

Please note many Outlaw and some All-Star races pay more than the standard purse.
Neat to read that...now, can you post the payout the top 10 got from Tulsa last week?
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: bighd0522, PIT CART
1/21/22, 1:42 PM   #39
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
. According to this they are spending money on promotion.
Not much on a per race basis.

2 members like this post: kinser, TNRustler
1/21/22, 4:15 PM   #40
EldoraMark

Non racing friend ask me why I follow non wing versus wing sprints. I tell them the best way to put it is if u go to 10 wing races u r going to see 2 good shows of side by side racing. The other 8 will be follow the leader. If u go to 10 non wing races u r going to see 8 good side by side racing and 2 follow the leader. I will admit in the last few years the wing races r getting better especially on smaller tracks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson winging it too ?