IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson winging it too ?
1/18/22, 10:15 PM   #1
Thorson winging it too ?
dkdorkboy

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 52

Tanner said on Flo podcast they are building a wing car.Reinbold said on interview they was gonna run 60 outlaw shows.Anybody got the scoop ?

2 members like this post: bighd0522, ginblueearth
1/19/22, 9:01 AM   #2
deadhorse30

Flo had an interview with Axom and apparently he's going to do some wing stuff this year with an eye on going wings full time. It seems that the younger drivers are looking at wings as the end game. Thorson has dabbled with wing racing before so his transition should be fairly smooth. It's a crazy time in open wheel racing.

1/19/22, 9:52 AM   #3
dsc1600

Apparently 60 to 70 WoO races in 2022.

1/19/22, 9:55 AM   #4
Re: Thorson winging it too ?
jonboat15

Tanner should do well it seems like he has a lot going for him. Talent, a great car owner, previous wing experience, and a future father in law that was pretty good in winged cars. He'll be fun to watch as always.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Gene Franckowiak, PIT CART
1/19/22, 10:45 AM   #5
dsc1600

I think Kofoid drove that car last year a few times and it was fast. I assume Thorson will also do pretty well.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin
1/19/22, 2:25 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Hate to lose him to the wings, but will be pulling for him.

1/19/22, 3:01 PM   #7
dusty tracks

Wings pay more.. Usac needs to step up $

1 member likes this post: ginblueearth
1/19/22, 3:38 PM   #8
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty tracks View Post
How many times are we going to go over this? For USAC to pay bigger purses like the Outlaws, one of the things that will need to change is for the ticket prices to be the same. Are you willing to pay the same to watch a USAC race as an Outlaw race?

Are we willing for USAC to not allow the top 15 drivers in the sprints to race local shows?

It is easy to say that they need to pay better, but the devil is in the details.

1/19/22, 4:07 PM   #9
ISF

I would happily pay admission prices comparable to WoO's Sprint Car admission prices for a wingless 410 event that paid a comparable purse whether it's USAC or any other sanction. Obviously I speak only for myself. I enjoy the wingless cars more than just about any other form of racing. I would purchase a comparably priced ticket knowing full well that the racing is going to be exactly what I came to enjoy. That statement is no knock on the WoO's Sprint Cars. It's merely an expression of my personal preferences.

1/19/22, 4:40 PM   #10
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty tracks View Post
My response to this is, with respect, "USAC needs to step up $" or what? What are the consequences if they continue with the purse as is? Do we feel that the car counts will dwindle to the point of not being able to fill an entire field? It seems to me that each time a driver/team moves in a different, as in winged, direction their place is filled with another team willing to step up to the USAC schedule. While I haven't done the research myself, it would be interesting to me to know what the average per race event car count is between WOO, Allstars, ASCS National and USAC National races.

Tim Simmons

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, EBookerFan, oldfan49
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thorson winging it too ?