IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MavTv
1/17/22, 7:11 AM   #11
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
I agree, MAVTV coverage was NOT good!! The drone sucks!!! Their signal cut out & went totally "Black," several different times!! "Mr. Determination," Brad Doty calls the "Shootout,"! He needs to be the Veteran Commentator on "The Chili Bowl!" Chili Bowl Track Prep before the C-Mains left a ton to be desired! Track Prep before the A-Main was better, but still Not what it needs to be!! The majority of the Clay is over 35 Years old & they brag about it, like that's a good thing!! Spend some $$$ on New Clay Emmett!! Besides running an additional Prelim night, you haven't added to the Purse, hardly at all in Years!
Nearly 400 cars in the pits, grandstands sold out every night, and I would venture to say FLO and MAVTV ratings high. The results say they’re doing things right.

2 members like this post: cornerthree, tirespinner
1/18/22, 4:56 AM   #12
treecitytornado

Pitdad, yes taking everyone's money! I agree with that!!

1 member likes this post: jdull99
1/18/22, 7:52 AM   #13
Pitdad

Quote:
Pitdad, yes taking everyone's money! I agree with that!!
If you feel that way, then all I can say is don’t go, don’t watch, and don’t pay for FLO or MAVTV. It’s free to read the results on Sunday.

All I’m saying is the vast majority of drivers, car owners and fans who leave that place on Saturday night will tell you it was a great experience and they can’t wait to go again. And for anyone that doesn’t want to go next year, there’s a rookie that’s dying to take their place next year. No one in that pit is grumbling about how light the payout is. There are no start ‘n park guys saying “I’m not coming back until they raise the start money.” It’s just a really successful event that people want to be a part of, for the sake of being there.

6 members like this post: AustinSprinter, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, Rcar, tirespinner
1/18/22, 8:04 AM   #14
Re: MavTv
racefan20

Quote:
I agree, MAVTV coverage was NOT good!! The drone sucks!!! Their signal cut out & went totally "Black," several different times!! "Mr. Determination," Brad Doty calls the "Shootout,"! He needs to be the Veteran Commentator on "The Chili Bowl!" Chili Bowl Track Prep before the C-Mains left a ton to be desired! Track Prep before the A-Main was better, but still Not what it needs to be!! The majority of the Clay is over 35 Years old & they brag about it, like that's a good thing!! Spend some $$$ on New Clay Emmett!! Besides running an additional Prelim night, you haven't added to the Purse, hardly at all in Years!
Do you get a rebate on exclamation points?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner
1/18/22, 2:28 PM   #15
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
If you feel that way, then all I can say is don’t go, don’t watch, and don’t pay for FLO or MAVTV. It’s free to read the results on Sunday.

All I’m saying is the vast majority of drivers, car owners and fans who leave that place on Saturday night will tell you it was a great experience and they can’t wait to go again. And for anyone that doesn’t want to go next year, there’s a rookie that’s dying to take their place next year. No one in that pit is grumbling about how light the payout is. There are no start ‘n park guys saying “I’m not coming back until they raise the start money.” It’s just a really successful event that people want to be a part of, for the sake of being there.
It was fun to go for a while but ya, count me in as one who competed and complained about the low pay. Never went back...barely miss it. But your right, I look at the results online for free...and buy cheap beer at the bar to watch the main. Take all the $ I save and pay extra on my house payment.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

3 members like this post: PIT CART, tirespinner, treecitytornado
1/18/22, 2:38 PM   #16
jdull99

& don't forget you can't get caught with an ounce of fuel you had in your shop/trailer, you can barely scrap too nickels together, but you MUST buy their colored fuel...lol. I realized right away I was out of my element. To each their own tho
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

2 members like this post: tirespinner, treecitytornado
1/18/22, 2:49 PM   #17
Jonr

So, there are two threads wrapped into one. One thread is the Mav vs Flo conversation, and the hijacked topic of everything that is wrong with the Chili Bowl. Getting back to the original thread.....

I think that the final three races should be on Mav instead of Flo. Mav has a much larger subscription base that Flo has. Mav has fans that may not already be Chili Bowl fans. With Mav there is a chance to reach new fans.

Finally, I think that people forget that Flo had five days of practice to get as efficient as they were on Saturday. If Mav had five days of practice, they would have been much better. I have read people complain about the announcers, but they can can only talk about what is in front of them in the monitors. I think that the control room is where Mav needs to work on their performance.

3 members like this post: Crankin, jdull99, tirespinner
1/18/22, 3:54 PM   #18
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
So, there are two threads wrapped into one. One thread is the Mav vs Flo conversation, and the hijacked topic of everything that is wrong with the Chili Bowl. Getting back to the original thread.....

I think that the final three races should be on Mav instead of Flo. Mav has a much larger subscription base that Flo has. Mav has fans that may not already be Chili Bowl fans. With Mav there is a chance to reach new fans.

Finally, I think that people forget that Flo had five days of practice to get as efficient as they were on Saturday. If Mav had five days of practice, they would have been much better. I have read people complain about the announcers, but they can can only talk about what is in front of them in the monitors. I think that the control room is where Mav needs to work on their performance.
Mav has had 6 years of practice as they started broadcasting it in 2015. Definitely miss Dave Despain. If I remember correctly most every year there's been a long delay to the feature and it's always ended close to if not a little after Midnight on Central time. This has been the most watched event in Mav's history, so they get a lot of advertisers and who can blame them. I'm sure they are paying a hefty sum to broadcast it and it would be nice if the promoters would add some of that to the purse.

4 members like this post: jdull99, rimrider69, tirespinner, treecitytornado
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MavTv