IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. August 1
8/3/15, 7:30 PM   #21
hoosier race fan

I've been looking forward to their next late model show. No worries about conflicts with sprint tracks there.

8/6/15, 4:39 PM   #22
Re: NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. Augu
Stevensville Mike

I have been discussing this topic off line with another member of the forum. I wish to apologize for the words I used to describe my disappointment with the track and only 18 cars showing up. Whether I am on this side or that side of a topic, the terms I used were inappropriate for both the forum and the employees of Montpelier Speedway.

This jist of my post still sits true with me wherein I felt the track let everyone down by promoting a big race as such and in the end, between two touring series, only 18 cars showed up. This, in my opinion, is a true shortcoming in promotions.

However, after following the Hartford Speedway thread here: https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...t=86727&page=2

... I see where Spi-nex noted that the All Stars were telling the track they'd bring 22 cars over from Ohio a few weeks ago. Only 10 came. So, the track was put in a lurch by the series. Perhaps this was what went down at Montpelier....? Who knows.

In closing, I realize that emotions got the better of me in my post and despite any shortcomings I think members of the racing fraternity have, whether it be the track, the workers, the racers, the crew, the fans, etc., no one should be spoken to in the tone that I used. This forum deserves better than that.

8/7/15, 2:54 AM   #23
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

I was over at Montpelier early in year for MSCS race... There were fewer cars than expected but the quality was there... I thought u guys did a great job...it was a little Dusty but that can b fixed.. Track and surroundings reminded me of home track I grew up around.. Anyway think ur doin a good job over there Brian!!

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/7/15, 5:54 AM   #24
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

I don't think there's another track in Indiana that does a better job of promoting than MMS, or a promoter that's working harder to upgrade their facility than Harold Hunter. The website is first-rate, with everything you need to know at your fingertips. The schedule is published well in advance and upcoming special events are prominently advertised in a scrolling graphic on the home page as well as with Brian's excellent releases here. Every week they give tickets away via a "like/share/comment" contest on Facebook. They've stepped up and given Midgets a semi-regular home utilizing a liberal rules package and been rewarded with generous car counts. They continue to push the envelope of their comfort zone by scheduling more & diverse open-wheel offerings at a track that has been traditionally Stock Car country over the last several years. Week in and week out they do not have the problem with car counts that plague so many other race plants so I don't think blame for the poor turnout for the NRA/SOD double header can be placed solely at their feet, and I think they can be excused for missing the track prep once in a while what with the crazy weather we've experienced this Spring/Summer. Most importantly, they are far from jerkwads, or jackwagons or whatever you called them; every night that we pull in we're greeted with smiles at the sign-in shack and the "Thanks for coming"s start there and continue throughout the night until we walk away from the payout window.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 8/7/15 at 5:55 AM.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, WBR 3E
8/7/15, 6:26 AM   #25
Sprintcarfanatic

What no tootsie rolls ? you guys should get 2 if not 3 for paying the high price of a pit pass.

8/7/15, 7:02 AM   #26
jjones752

No, no tootsie rolls at the pit gate, but they do hand them out at the ticket booth.
Last time I checked, 25 bucks for a pit pass at a regular show is just about the cheapest around. And the payout is better than some tracks where I've paid 30, plus a pill draw.
Sorry if you think that paying a track a few well-deserved compliments is a joke; maybe if it was more common than bashing a place fewer tracks would be closing...
Last edited by jjones752; 8/7/15 at 7:04 AM.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/7/15, 7:09 AM   #27
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Guess what pal if u don't give these other tracks a shot than soon enough you'll not have to decide which track ur gonna b goin to!! It'll b like Drive In movie theaters few and far between so take that tootsie roll and stick it where the sun don't shine... There's only one jerkwad in this thread and I'm pretty sure u stick out like a sore thumb!! Ridiculous....

8/7/15, 9:51 AM   #28
99racing

WOW someone got up on wrong side of bed this morning

8/7/15, 5:14 PM   #29
Sprintcarfanatic

I know they give tootsie rolls & thought it was pretty cool & if you fellas can't see the humor in what I said then you are just stick in the mud types. Doe's everything have to be so damn serious on this board ? I'd say the one calling names sticks out pretty good also. I guess the emoticons were for nothing because if I was tearing down Montpelier I sure as hell wouldn't have used them. Maybe I should have left out the word high also.

There are a few tracks within driving distance from me that are doing fairly well & I don't even go there so I doubt if they miss me.

Within a 2 hour radius of me there are Fremont, Attica, Limaland, Waynesfield, Montpelier, Eldora & Oakshade that I can think of & those are just dirt.

1 other thing is when I was tearing down a track you'd know it, right BrentTFunk & anybody else that seen my post's about a certain track in the past.

1 member likes this post: dkdorkboy
8/7/15, 8:14 PM   #30
jjones752

Sorry, went over my head. Maybe the comment about the "high price of a pit pass" is what threw me; not sure where you were goin' with that one. Irony? Maybe. Humor's a tough gig. LOL.

1 member likes this post: DirtHawk92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. August 1