IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. August 1
7/28/15, 5:48 PM   #1
NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. August 1
BrianBSU23

NRA Sprint Invaders & SOD Sprints On Dirt Make Final 2015 Montpelier Appearance Saturday, August 1st

The K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders and Engine Pro Sprints on Dirt will make their final 2015 appearance at the Montpelier Motor Speedway Saturday, August 1st as the points chase begins to wind down for both organizations. The event will feature a true epic battle drawing Ohio’s and Michigan’s finest winged sprint car drivers to the Indiana 1/4 mile bullring as the Ohio based K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders will compete against the Michigan based Engine Pro Sprints on Dirt bringing two separate sanctioning bodies to one single race. The event will mark the second event that NRA and SOD have co-sanctioned an event at the Montpelier Motor Speedway

The June 6th NRA/SOD Event saw 23 cars take the green flag in A Main action with Jared Horstman picking up his first MMS win over SOD heavy hitter Dustin Daggett, Max Stambaugh, Hud Horton, and Randy Hannagan rounded out the top 5. California's Hannagan also picked up the hard charger award advancing 8 positions in the 25 lap feature. Stambaugh will enter the weekend as the NRA points leader while Gregg Dalman will enter as the SOD points leader. Hannagan has won the previous three NRA events while Ryan Ruhl has also pulled near the same feat in SOD action winning the last two.

Also, joining the program will be the popular UMP Modifieds, Super Streets, and Thunder Cars. The UMP Modifieds have posted five different winners with Todd Sherman, Tony Anderson, Ryan Ramseyer, Aaron Orr, and Randy Lines all picking up wins. Tony Anderson is currently the points leader in both the UMP Modifieds and Super Streets while Ervin Turner is currently leading the Thunder Car Division.

The Montpelier Motor Speedway, which began racing in 1903 and hosted its first automobile race in 1915, is one of America’s oldest remaining racing facilities. Sprint car racing first came to Montpelier in the late 1940’s in the form of “Big Cars”. While the east central Indiana ¼ mile clay oval has a historic past, the facility has seen many major modern upgrades the past four seasons including new restrooms and bleachers along with the addition of many safety features such as a new catch fence system along with a new front stretch wall, lighting system, and runoff area. The Montpelier Motor Speedway commonly competes weekly on Saturday Nights with its popular Modified and Stock Car divisions, and is also the host to the popular Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget series.

General Admission will be $15 with Kids (12 and Under) – FREE!

Full Event Information can be found on our website at:
www.MontpelierMotorSpeedway.com

Classes
K&L Ready Mix NRA Sprint Invaders vs Engine Pro Sprints on Dirt – Winged Sprint Cars
UMP Modifieds
Super Streets
Thunder Cars

Times
Gates Open – 3:00 PM
Hot Laps – 5:00 PM
Racing – 6:30 PM

Admission
General Admission – $15
Kids (12 and Under) – Free
Pit Pass – $30

Racer Information
RaceCeivers – Default frequency 454.000

Westhold Transponders- May be used on Sprint Cars only – Transponder and mount will be provided to the first 45 entries
not already possessing a yellow Westhold unit.

Pit Parking – Sprint cars teams will park on the south end of the pits near the track. Sprint cars will be started near this area and will enter the track on the backstretch and exit on the front stretch.

Work Area – The Montpelier Motor Speedway has a work area located near the track exit. The car must not exit the area and all work must be completed in the chute indicated by a red barrier. The work area is only available during the A/B Mains.

Engine Pro Sprints on Dirt Top 10 Points
1. 49T Gregg Dalman
2. 7K Kyle Pitts
3. 27 Brad Lamberson
4. 2M Dustin Daggett
5. 11R Chase Ridenour
6. 1A Mark Aldrich
7. 31 Andy Tuenessen
8. 16 Ryan Ruhl
9. 24 Eric Smith
10. 19 Brett Mann

NRA Sprint Invaders Top 10 Points
1. 6M Max Stambaugh
2. 17 Jared Horstman
3. 83 Kyle Sauder
4. 10 Dustin Stroup
5. 6 JR Stewart
6. 22 Randy Hannagan
7. 11 Tim Allison
8. 23 Devon Dobie
9. 49 Shawn Dancer
10. 28Hud Horton

Facility Information
– Size – ¼ Mile Clay Oval
– Built in 1903 – First Auto Race 1915
– Total Montpelier Motor Speedway seating – 3200
– Family Seating Section (located behind the flag stand) – Consumption of alcohol not permitted in this area.
– Fully stocked souvenir stand (includes MMS T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pictures, and MMS Programs)
– Fully stocked family/kid souvenir stand (includes kid’s toys and novelties, racing flags, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc… Items starting at .50/$1.00)
– New Men and Women’s restroom located behind the main grandstands. Pit side restroom is men only.
– Concession stand (wide range of food and sides and cold/hot drinks) located behind the main grandstands. Duel lines to purchase food available from spectator area. Picnic tables spread throughout the facility.
– Beer garden – Wide range of cold adult beverages and Coke/Pepsi products. ID required. The carry-in of coolers or alcohol is prohibited due to insurance and state regulation codes.

Montpelier Motor Speedway
700 South Jefferson
Montpelier, Indiana 47359
Track Phone – 765-728-8210

Web & Media
Official Website: www.MontpelierMotorSpeedway.com
Facebook – “Home of the Montpelier Motor Speedway: www.facebook.com/MontpelierMotorSpeedway
Twitter (@MontpelierTrack)- www.twitter.com/MontpelierTrack
NRA Sprint Invaders Website – www.nrainvaders.com
Sprint On Dirt Website – www.sprintsondirt.com

Upcoming Montpelier Motor Speedway Sprint Dates:
August 1 – NRA VS SOD – Winged Sprint Cars
September 12th – BOSS – 410 Non-Wing Sprint Cars

Upcoming Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget Dates:
August 15, September 5, September 19

Ignite High Performance Ethanol & Lubricants UMP Modified Special - Saturday, September 26th
UMP Modifieds - $3000 To Win - $300 To Start - Ignite High Performance Ethanol 40
UMP Modifieds - $600 To Win - $75 To Start - Ignite High Performance Lubricants 20
Super Streets & Thunder Cars

1 member likes this post: MIracing
7/30/15, 8:17 AM   #2
Re: NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. Augu
BrianBSU23

It will be a great weekend of sprint car racing in central and northern Indiana with non-Wing shows at Gas City on Friday and Kokomo on Sunday book ending our NRA/SOD show at Montpelier on Saturday. Very easy and close travel between the tracks and great way to see a lot of sprint cars and sprint car racing. Free camping is welcome!

1 member likes this post: fish
8/1/15, 10:13 AM   #3
PIT CART

Any good places to eat close to the track?

8/1/15, 10:41 AM   #4
BrianBSU23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Any good places to eat close to the track?
If you are coming from Gas City, Ivanhoes in nearby Upland is a great stop. We also have a pretty neat restaurant on the way to the track at intersection of highway 18 and 3 (about 5 miles outside the west side of Montpelier) called The Pointe. They have some unique cars and memorabilia and good food. In Montpelier, we have 2 pretty good options with Frostys on the west end of town, Pizza King on the east end of town.
Last edited by BrianBSU23; 8/1/15 at 10:43 AM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/2/15, 12:26 AM   #5
Stevensville Mike

I was kicking myself for not being able to get there. Why in the hell could you jackoffs only get 18 cars to show up?

Glad I saved $$$ while grilling chicken in the back yard. The B Main here was pretty exciting.

It was hoping to get there and add Montpelier to my list of tracks attended in my life time. Maybe next decade....?

Jeez.........
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 8/2/15 at 12:42 AM.

8/2/15, 9:10 AM   #6
PIT CART

Sounds like only one car came from sod. I went and really enjoyed the sprint cars but the amount of yellows for the other classes was sad

8/2/15, 11:24 AM   #7
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I was there last week for the midgets and didn't think it was awful. There was no danger of being covered in mud, but I have seen worse several times in Indiana this year. Dusty, yes, but they have lots of cars at Montpelier. It is 300 miles or so from my house and I was not disappointed that I went.

4 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, WinglessLovers
8/2/15, 12:05 PM   #8
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I was there last week for the midgets and didn't think it was awful. There was no danger of being covered in mud, but I have seen worse several times in Indiana this year. Dusty, yes, but they have lots of cars at Montpelier. It is 300 miles or so from my house and I was not disappointed that I went.
Awful was just their assessment from comparing it to the other races they have gone to throughout the year at Montpelier. The track had been really good all year, including the night I went back in June. Usually 2 or even 3 grooves of racing with plenty of passing. They were just bummed to see that the track wasn't like it had been at other races, and instead was just a drag race around the infield tires in many of the races that night. If you're driving that far you probably don't see the track as often to be able to compare and feel the way they did. That's why I was asking if it was dry slick again last night, hoping it wasn't going to be that way very often. I'm glad you enjoyed the show last week. Some fans just missed the quality of the racing they had seen throughout the year.

8/2/15, 12:56 PM   #9
MIracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
Sounds like only one car came from sod. I went and really enjoyed the sprint cars but the amount of yellows for the other classes was sad
There were 4 SOD guys there. SOD has only had 3 guys now who have run every race,. Ridenour missed his first race last night. I don't know if it is a limited or lack of point fund or maybe poor scheduling. More guys traveled last year.

2 members like this post: fish, PIT CART
8/2/15, 1:38 PM   #10
PIT CART

Thank you for correcting me as the only car I recognized was the 27 car from Sod my bad. I thought the track was pretty good considering the heat and breeze we had all day. I will consider going back for other sprint shows. It is only 70 miles south from home for me. So will definitely be there for the boss show!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > NRA/SOD Winged Sprints To Battle at Montpelier Sat. August 1