IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Union County Midgets
8/1/15, 3:24 PM   #1
Union County Midgets
WBR 3E

Big thanks to Bear Wood who has worked with Union County Speedway in Liberty Indiana to establish a second track running midgets under the "Montpelier Rules". Fifteen quality midgets were on hand last night, with the feature win going to Nick Spiedel, holding off a charging Davey Ray. Alex Watson was third in a Fontana powered Stealth. Dry slick track conditions evened out the horsepower differences, allowing Gage Etgen to continue his amazing string of strong runs in his mini sprint, and Alfred Galedrige finished 5th in Wally Sexton's Focus powered car. The track brought in the Lawrenceburg Speedway safety crew given their familiarity with the open wheel racers. Great night of racing.

8/1/15, 4:18 PM   #2
TQ29m

Way to go "Speedial"! Bob

2 members like this post: racerjim2, speidel21
8/1/15, 4:45 PM   #3
Re: Union County Midgets
badcoupe

I wondered how many made it for the show. I wasn't able to make it over to my home track last night. Sounds like they had a fair car count and hopefully the racing was a good show.

8/2/15, 12:30 PM   #4
WBR 3E

Complete results

Heat 1: Stratton Briggs, Gage Etgen, Nick Speidel, Robbie Parish, Bear Wood, Chris Baue, Cory Guingrich, Jim Jones
Heat 2: Davey Ray, Tate Martz, Alfred Galedrige, Alex Watson, Cole Fehr, Brandon Gray, Gary Gipson
Feature: Nick Speidel, Davey Ray, Alex Watson, Gage Etgen, Alfred Galedrige, Bear Wood, Chris Baue, Cory Guingrich, Brandon Gray, Gary Gipson, Stratton Briggs, Tate Martz, Cole Fehr, Robbie Parish, Jim Jones (DNS)

1 member likes this post: jjones752
8/2/15, 8:53 PM   #5
speidel21

I would also like to thank Bear Wood for his hard work in getting the race scheduled, much appreciated.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/2/15, 9:34 PM   #6
martz32

Congrats Nick. You ran a hell of a race. Nice job.

3 members like this post: DonMoore10, fish, speidel21
8/3/15, 5:45 AM   #7
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBR 3E View Post
Complete results

Heat 1: Stratton Briggs, Gage Etgen, Nick Speidel, Robbie Parish, Bear Wood, Chris Baue, Cory Guingrich, Jim Jones
Heat 2: Davey Ray, Tate Martz, Alfred Galedrige, Alex Watson, Cole Fehr, Brandon Gray, Gary Gipson
Feature: Nick Speidel, Davey Ray, Alex Watson, Gage Etgen, Alfred Galedrige, Bear Wood, Chris Baue, Cory Guingrich, Brandon Gray, Gary Gipson, Stratton Briggs, Tate Martz, Cole Fehr, Robbie Parish, Jim Jones (DNS)
Thanks for including me in the Feature results Greg; we chased gremlins all night and had to scratch when the Zonker wouldn't fire. I wish I could've gotten out for the Main so I'd have a better impression of the place because it sounds like the dust wasn't nearly as bad as in the Heats; I was literally flying blind for about 2 seconds coming out of the corners (Greg will probably agree that when I climbed out of the car I looked more like I'd just run the Mint 400 rather than an 8-lap heat race). If Billy can work more moisture down into the track, or at least give it a quick spritz a little more often between heats it would be a big help. It's a fun track to run on overall, the size, shape and banking seem to suit the midgets pretty well. Congrats to Nick on the win, thanks to Bear and Billy for putting it together and to Billy for working to get this race in on the 4th attempt.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 8/3/15 at 10:11 AM.

8/4/15, 12:26 PM   #8
sjracer26

Race Count Last Year: 18

Was a fun night for sure. The dry slick track helped me out with the power difference, but I agree it would be nice to see some more prep put into the track so it doesn't turn into a dust bowl. Either way, I am happy to see more tracks running local midget events. -Alfred

1 member likes this post: jjones752
8/4/15, 1:09 PM   #9
kn16

is next scheduled event
is there any type of schedule

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Union County Midgets