IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “tony bettenhausen 100” august 22
8/3/15, 12:50 PM   #1
Usac: “tony bettenhausen 100” august 22
admin

8/3/15 12:45 PM “TONY BETTENHAUSEN 100” AUGUST 22

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...-100-august-22

“TONY BETTENHAUSEN 100” AUGUST 22;

WINDOM WINS BELLEVILLE’S “HUSTLE ON THE HIGH BANKS”

A stellar field of cars and drivers is expected for the August 22 “Tony Bettenhausen 100” as the USAC Silver Crown cars return to the Illinois State Fair in Springfield.

Kody Swanson continues to lead in search of a repeat series championship, holding a 64-point lead over Jerry Coons Jr. after finishing fourth in last Friday night’s “Hustle on the High Banks” at Belleville, Kansas. Swanson led all 100 miles of last year’s Springfeld race after winning the pole.

Chris Windom of Canton, Ill., who finished fifth in last year’s “Bettenhausen,” will lead a bevy of Illinois drivers into round eight of this year’s campaign. Windom led all 50 laps at Belleville in dominating fashion in his RPM Auto Enterprise Maxim/Mopar.

Windom’s first USAC feature win since 2013 vaulted him into sixth in the new standings as he led Coons to the checkered flag at the Belleville half-mile. The race was part of the track’s annual “Belleville Midget Nationals” spectacular.

Justin Grant took third ahead of Swanson and Shane Cockrum. Windom was the ProSource fast qualifier and pole starter.

5 members like this post: billwill, BrentTFunk, ISF, racegal, speed bump
8/3/15, 10:52 PM   #2
Re: Usac: “tony bettenhausen 100” august 22
ISF

We'll be there for the Bettenhausen at Springfield!!

Spread the word and get more people in the grandstands for this race.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Kansasdirtfan, kart31rac
8/4/15, 8:08 AM   #3
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISF View Post
We'll be there for the Bettenhausen at Springfield!!

Spread the word and get more people in the grandstands for this race.
You know I'd love to be there, Kenny, but I won't even be able to make the USAC Southwest Sprints/POWRi West in my own backyard that weekend. I hope they fill the grandstand at Springfield!

8/5/15, 12:12 AM   #4
John P Huss

Bob- I'll be there in Springfield.
Great to visit with you in Belleville
during the nationals.
Best Regards,
John

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: “tony bettenhausen 100” august 22