IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Completely off topic advice
12/29/22, 4:49 PM   #11
Ilovedirttrackracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart#51 View Post
I have both. Depends on what the situation is and what you are trying to accomplish.
Pellet grills are keep it simple and are convenient to use. I have a Big green egg and you need to be on your game and watch your temps but it’s rewarding and tastes great.

At the racetrack I use a 15 year old aluminum grill and can make anything taste as good as at home. It’s all in know what to do and how to do it.

Just like race cars. Knowing which nut to twist and when to twist it and how much.
Believe me our racing family is glad to have him show up at the racing tracks when he gets some down time with the family business. He can definitely cook up some very good food. Hell we now go to his house for a great time after the indy 500 . He always makes it to kings royal and Knoxville and that 15 year old charcoal grill gets a great workout. Lmao. I think that his father got a new grill for Christmas and for the million dollar racing events at Eldora I want to see what he can do with a brisket. Lmao. It is always a great show. When we get done racing he goes to work on the preparations and puts his magic on it and when we get up the next morning you can start smelling the great stuff coming out and 14 hours later it is game time for some great food and another great night of racing events and probably some Kodak moments and life memories are made again 😀. Unbelievable stuff. God bless America 🇺🇸. Thanks ❤️

12/31/22, 9:16 AM   #12
Re: Completely off topic advice
Hubie48

I have buddies that use the cheapest smoker yet their efforts are totally delicious. The biggest issue is keeping track of the temp.

1 member likes this post: Pancho Stapp
12/31/22, 9:56 AM   #13
Pancho Stapp

I have zero issues with my WSM on holding my desired temperature. I fire it up and get it to 250 add the meat and close the bottom vents to the size of a #2 pencil and it holds 225-230 for hours on end. My longest smoke has been 14 hours and all i do is add some Kingsford occasionally along with some more water for the water pan. If i need a little more heat i adjust the vents accordingly. Pretty damn simple in my opinion. Gonna do 3 racks of baby backs today.

3 members like this post: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
4/2/23, 6:59 PM   #14
Pancho Stapp

Thought i would freshen this post up and maybe get people to share what they are grilling/smoking. Just pulled a 8.5 pound pork shoulder. I am quite fond of Famous Daves Devil Spit or Smokin Hoggz their Smokin’ Applewood Rub. Been honing my recipes/skills for wings, baby backs, pork shoulders, chuck roasts, and love me some brisket. Still on the Weber Smokey Mountain 18” and doing Kingsford and apple/cherry/hickory chunks and eating like a fat rat. Super satisfied and love my WSM❤️

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
4/2/23, 7:33 PM   #15
Rich Mersereau

Race Count This Year: Lots
Race Count Last Year: Lots

pellet smoker. thank me later.

4/2/23, 10:28 PM   #16
opnwhlmnd

BBQ restaurants work best for me.

4 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Jonr, TQ29m
4/2/23, 11:35 PM   #17
The55

I have a Traeger and love it. It is very versatile and so easy to use. If you want a grill that you don’t have to constantly monitor this is for you. Fire it up, put the meat on, plug the thermometer into the meat and go about your day. Check the app occasionally to make sure all is good. They aren’t cheap, as you probably know. Wish I would have got a pellet grill sooner. Oh, meat comes out great as well.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Completely off topic advice