IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Price of mini sprints
3/4/15, 8:27 PM   #51
cmiracingvids

Said it 1000 times and I'll say it again...I spend LESS racing mini sprints than I did racing KARTS. That's a fact. Just sayin. FACT!
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 3/4/15 at 8:29 PM.

3/26/15, 1:14 PM   #52
Re: Price of mini sprints
Team96

We ran top 5 to 10 at Waynesfield in mini-sprints. We had a stock motor with Guhl injection. Traded it to a guy who won the last race of the season with it and there's no way he would have had the time to get the motor reworked.

We could have had our motor "built" into a "cheater" by the same guy who kept our motor fresh as he is and has done a very good job of that...for other racers. But we wanted to be able to run anywhere a 1000cc could run.

There are plenty of racers who will always believe they are getting beat by "cheater" motors. Sometimes its true and sometimes its not. Either way so long as the rules are clear and the contestants stay within the rules.....its an equal and fair race. JMHO. Having been a part of racing from go-kart to now sprints I know there is a lot more to winning or placing well than the motor. It somehow seems to always draw the most attention though....

Last year Waynesfield was a different track in my opinion than some years prior and was harder to get a handle on from practice to the feature. I almost always blamed my setup or mechanical issues on placing poorly. I know there were a couple of guys who did have some hot motors....but if you noticed...they did not always win.

3/26/15, 2:01 PM   #53
Re: Price of mini sprints

Race Count This Year: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonracer View Post
i believe what you are seeing is the raised cost of racing across the board, the younger generation has no idea of what it was like to find junk yard parts and how to build a part to make it work for a less amount of money. My family has been racing since 1946 and i have never seen so many pre-madona racers running around. Is there any thing wrong with that .. No ... But if you want to play your going to have to pay anymore. Im guilty as charged too as i sink a fare amount of money into my sons racing indevors. Its just the next generation of racers.
making some of your own parts sadly is a thing of the past. I MISS DRAGGING GREASY PARTS OUT OF A JUNK YARD IMAGINING WHAT WE WERE ABOUT TO DO! Young drivers would rather spend 90 bucks b.c its powdercoated blue and it only takes 5-9 business days to arrive. Still have to pat the bomber/thunder car class guys on the back for being creative. Even though that class is way out of line around here too lmao. Have to agree... Heels and wheels cost!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Price of mini sprints