IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes
3/27/13, 3:57 PM   #1
High velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

Hi I would like to introduce myself, my company and product.
I am Monte Crawford, I own Performance Fabrication and build Hi Velocity Intakes.
I introduced Hi Velocity Intakes to the Modlite and Dwarf Car racers in 2011 and since then Performance Fabrication High Velocity Intakes have become the intake of choice for those markets. Our first year we won 5 championships, 1 in Dwarf Cars, 2 in Modlites, and 2 in Minisprints. The two championships in minisprints were won by Todd Lehr, 1 at Willmont Speedway and 1 with the WIMS Championship Series. Last year we won more races, more championships, and this year we are expanding into the minisprint series throughout the US.
To get the best performance from a late model 1000cc bike engine you must look real hard at corner exit power, the big numbers people like to talk about don't mean much if you can't get off the corners. I firmly believe we have the best corner exit in the market.
Call or email for prices for the complete line of High Velocity Intakes
Ill post a couple of pics so you can get a feel for the product.
Feel free to contact me at 760-317-7680 or montecrawfords@gmail.com

Thanks, Monte
Attached Images
P1010380.JPG (1.04 MB, 639 views)
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 5/25/16 at 2:19 PM.

3/27/13, 4:04 PM   #2
Re: Hi velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

A few more pics.
Attached Images
P1010304.JPG (1,002.4 KB, 466 views)
P1010403.JPG (1.06 MB, 458 views)
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 9/26/14 at 3:42 PM.

3/30/13, 2:27 PM   #3
MC@Performance Fab

Thanks for all of your views and phone calls.
I will answer a few of the questions I have been fielding.
What does a complete clamp on style GSXR weight? at 5.5LBS its the lightest intake of its style on the market and the best priced.
How does it compare with intakes running the OEM stacks? The unequal length stock stacks are great at making a very smooth power curve and if I were looking to go riding a bike thru the mountains around here they would be fine. However for the short track market you need maximum performance from the hit of the throttle and thats something the stock stacks don't do well. The great thing about the late model bike motors is they make really good HP. The bad thing about them is they only make half the torque compared to HP and this makes them soft on corner exit. On bikes with the staggered stacks you bang gears to keep the motor in the optimum rpm range, can't do that with a short track car. Thats what Hi Velocity Intakes are all about, much better corner exit power makes for much better top speed and lap times, much easier to pass cars with the corner exit power improvement.
Heres a link to the past couple of years customer feedback.
http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/sho...locity-intakes
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 3/30/13 at 2:32 PM.

4/3/13, 9:01 PM   #4
MC@Performance Fab

Thanks Everyone!!
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 9/17/16 at 1:54 PM.

4/14/13, 4:46 PM   #5
MC@Performance Fab

Went to the 1/2 mile at Perris last night to check out the World of Outlaws and help a California Lightning Sprints team running my intake. It takes some real power to run a minisprint on a 1/2 mile.
Jerrett was the only car in the race running a Hi Velocity Intake and he led all 20 laps for the win. Hell even the old guy got his mug in the winners pics. LOL

BTW for anyone wanting wanting to check it out heres a video on Facebook, just scroll down the page to find the 2 videos.

https://www.facebook.com/monte.crawford.12
Attached Images
P1010485.JPG (957.7 KB, 310 views)
P1010488.JPG (990.7 KB, 276 views)
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 7/25/13 at 6:45 AM.

4/24/13, 8:04 PM   #6
MC@Performance Fab

Thanks for everyone calls wanting more info. I build Hi Velocity Intakes for most of the current liter motors. Feel free to call with any questions.

Thanks, Monte

5/14/13, 11:42 AM   #7
MC@Performance Fab

The three pics in the first post are from the left a, 01-04 GSXR, 08-10 ZX10, 05-08 GSXR.

5/14/13, 8:38 PM   #8
aussie_rob

hi mate just wondering what you have for a 07 R1? i run a basic injection setup with bigger injectors, oem stacks and henchcraft air filter setup but looking for something similar to the photo of the 2011 zx10 setup with injectors in the top

5/14/13, 10:10 PM   #9
MC@Performance Fab

Shipped an R1 Intake for a dwarf car to Canada a couple weeks ago and another for a minisprint to Ohio last week. Are you running top mounted injectors at the moment? If so are you looking to use the injectors, fuel rail and such on the new intake?

Monte

5/15/13, 1:27 AM   #10
aussie_rob

at the moment its running the injectors in the stock position but with a billet fuel rail. id like to run them plus 4 top mounts and new stacks. its for a bailey mini sprint

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Mini-Sprint Classifieds > Hi velocity intakes