IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Is Running Tonight
6/28/15, 10:00 PM   #41
Re: Kokomo Is Running Tonight
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

What a race! From my position in the stands going into turn 1 I thought it was even closer than that. Just a great finish, another Darland/Grant classic. Dave was a rocket in the Walker 11, the best I have seen it in a while. Congratulations to Jeff and Dave. Another great race at Kokomo!

6/28/15, 10:11 PM   #42
Tumey's 55

You guys are killing me. Had a family get together down south and couldn't make it tonight. Anytime DD and Grant go at it at Kokomo it is a good night. Can't wait for next Sunday.

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Justigit, speed bump
6/28/15, 10:38 PM   #43
Eatin Dirt

Hope Jon stays in the Foxco 53 for a while.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
6/28/15, 10:47 PM   #44
treecitytornado

Sounds like it's mainly for this TV deal and the tracks involved. He is running the #53 at Putnamville Friday back in the #81 for the USAC show Saturday and in the #53 for the TV Opener Sunday at Kokomo.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/28/15, 10:47 PM   #45
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatin Dirt View Post
Hope Jon stays in the Foxco 53 for a while.
MSCS LPS Foxco
Usac LPS Stanbrough 81
Kokomo Foxco
Next weekend per FB.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, jim goerge, Justigit, rapid robert
6/28/15, 11:41 PM   #46
Justigit

What more can you say about the racing at Kokomo Speedway... another nail biter on the edge of your seat kinda race. Jeff Walker had the Walker #11 tuned to perfection tonight as Darland edged Justin Grant by a yardstick at the flag stand.

Stanbrough took the early lead in the Fox Bros. #53 car with Darland in tow. Grant was working his way up to 3rd as Darland began to gain on Stanbrough. Once Darland was close enough he showed Stanbrough a nose on the low side but couldn't make the pass. Then Stanbrough took a bit of a lower line in 3 and 4 as Darland got a run on the topside and they touched wheels about mid track. Darland was able to slip by and make the pass for the lead.

Grant was still back a ways but began to start making his move to the front. Grant got to Stanbrough for the pass but it was negated by a yellow flag. On the restart it was Darland, Stanbrough, Grant. Darland took the top, Stanbrough moved down a groove and Grant on the topside moved past Stanbrough for second.

Darland wasn't wasting any time jumping to a big lead, but Grant began to track him down by the time the flagman showed the 5 to go, you could tell Grant was going to be a threat for the win.

By then we knew it was going to be another epic Darland / Grant battle. Grant was able to try a slidejob into 1 and 2 but Darland held him off as he rocket-shipped off of turn two down the backstretch.

They were gaining on back markers in the last two turns as Darland moved down a bit from the top and Grant turned it down even further to avoid lapped cars which left them coming to the flag thru the middle of the track side by side like a drag race. Darland was able to hold on for the victory.

Following Darland and Grant were great runs by C.J.Leary in the Baldwin #5 car, K. Thomas Jr., Ballou, Stanbrough and Coons. Great racing by everyone.

Congratulations to Dave Darland and Jeff Walker for the win! Thanks to the O'Conners and crew for all the hard work preparing for racing with all the rain in the area over the past week. As race fans we appreciate the efforts to make it all work on race day.
Last edited by Justigit; 6/28/15 at 11:45 PM.

6/29/15, 12:27 AM   #47
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Exactly and people just dont understand why I would spend 5 hours of my Sunday off, running the highways to see a race.
Kokomo racing doesn't disappoint. Really appreciate them pushing the show. I had light steady rain from about halfway home until got here. Thats why you need to GYATK!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

6/29/15, 12:42 PM   #48
Speedracer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgVpmhcLpw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex0DY8bhyPI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fALad2UQKks

The Highlight Video might be a one time thing. I haven't decided yet. If I do it again I might try commentary down the road.
Last edited by Speedracer; 6/29/15 at 1:42 PM.

6/29/15, 12:47 PM   #49
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Susan are you out there seeing these?
Thank you VERY much for the updates!!!

3 members like this post: Indy1808, Justigit, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo Is Running Tonight