IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Special Thanks
3/19/12, 7:48 PM   #1
Special Thanks
coondog

On our way to Cowtown Speedway, we had 2 flats on the trailer before getting to OKC Thursday night. Dwayne Mcmurchry, sorry Dwayne I killed your last name, called a friend and had it set up for us to get tires 1st thing. He went to the tire wherehouse as well and, had the tires there by 830. The guys at Jones Tire had us out in 20 minutes. Then in TX we had torque converter and flex plate problems. One of the partners in the track, Bret, has Performance Transmissions a mile from the track. They looked at it Fri afternoon and ordered parts for Mon morning. Even one of the POWRi push truck drivers went to pick Kyle up from dropping the truck off. Bret's son Terry and another mechanic worked through their lunch and I was on the road by 2. This is another reason why I love this sport, because of the people involved. Thank you to all that helped.

Posted via Mobile Device

3/20/12, 10:07 AM   #2
Re: Special Thanks
Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
On our way to Cowtown Speedway, we had 2 flats on the trailer before getting to OKC Thursday night. Dwayne Mcmurchry, sorry Dwayne I killed your last name, called a friend and had it set up for us to get tires 1st thing. He went to the tire wherehouse as well and, had the tires there by 830. The guys at Jones Tire had us out in 20 minutes. Then in TX we had torque converter and flex plate problems. One of the partners in the track, Bret, has Performance Transmissions a mile from the track. They looked at it Fri afternoon and ordered parts for Mon morning. Even one of the POWRi push truck drivers went to pick Kyle up from dropping the truck off. Bret's son Terry and another mechanic worked through their lunch and I was on the road by 2. This is another reason why I love this sport, because of the people involved. Thank you to all that helped.

Posted via Mobile Device
That would be Brett Young.

Great guy, but like you said, not unusual for folks to step up in our racing community.

Hope y'all had a great time while down here.

And, I hope Cowtown has this show next year.

4 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Special Thanks