IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 9/16
9/12/16, 2:37 PM   #1
Bloomington Speedway 9/16
Bloomington Speedway

Final race of the season this Friday. Champions night to honor our points winners as well as our fans. $5 general admission to thank the fans for a great season of racing. Come out Friday night and enjoy.

Pit gate opens 4:30 $30
General admission gate 5:30 $5

Hot laps at 6:30
Racing at 7:30
Attached Images
image.jpeg (246.6 KB, 104 views)

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Mattmac05, racegal
9/12/16, 5:42 PM   #2
Re: Bloomington Speedway 9/16
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Been down 2weeks , Why run against USAC at THE ACTION TRACK ?

9/12/16, 10:27 PM   #3
treecitytornado

Why not? Plenty of guys to race at Bloomington. We'll be there, mother nature willing.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, interpreter66, Morin Racing 98
9/12/16, 10:58 PM   #4
Mattmac05

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Been down 2weeks , Why run against USAC at THE ACTION TRACK ?
Because there are plenty of racers who don't want go to a 1/2 mile track and increase the risk of destroying a car or motor. Many racers don't have an endless budget...

9/13/16, 7:34 AM   #5
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

I think most everyone understands the motor issues. That debate has long since closed. The conflict is the scheduling. Granted, Bloomington is a Friday track. Has been for eternity. THAT does not have a regular "night" but for several years has been a midweek or Sunday track. They obviously have a reason for scheduling this race on Friday but as the end of season nears, I would like the opportunity to attend both.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, midnightrider, mowerman, ronmil
9/13/16, 9:10 AM   #6
ossuks

Why does THAT run agianst Bloomington?

4 members like this post: Mattmac05, Morin Racing 98, mowerman, ronmil
9/13/16, 9:50 AM   #7
quicktime3

Bloomington used to run a special on this date, but the current regime stopped it because it wasn't doing well for them, they said. Last year, there was no race on that date until Terre Haute added a USAC date. Now, Bloomington is back & I'm sure they don't even remember that they stopped running on this date because it didn't perform well. Or did it only not perform well as a front-gate promotion...and now they can try to make it a back-gate promotion?

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/13/16, 10:37 AM   #8
kcarm92

They will be cars at both tracks will both tracks suffer front gate, probaly will it just be because running against each other no you have friday nite football etc. Really just be glad you have a track to go to,which ever one that is it's not the first race this year thats running against another track only so many dates to go around hopefully mother nature doesnt spoil it either way

9/13/16, 3:20 PM   #9
Morin Racing 98

Race Count Last Year: 27

I am glad Bloomington added this date back on their schedule. They don't have enough races per season anyway. Too many off weeks, just kills the momentum of the track and fans when they don't know if there is a race or not. I can't get their schedule to load on the website half of the time so I am not 100% sure when they are racing either without double checking....Hopefully, they will have a heavier schedule for the 2017 season!!

9/13/16, 5:12 PM   #10
Pushtruck

Every weekend somebody runs against somebody else. This weekend is no different. Friday night Bloomington is running their Champions night and Saturday night LPS is running their final points night.

USAC is running a double header weekend at two special event tracks on Friday and Saturday with Saturday being a co-sanctioned event with MSCS.

There are plenty of guys who don't like to run USAC and would prefer to run the local shows.

The dilemma is for the fans. Personally, I think we are pretty blessed to have so many options. Would I like to go to all of them? Hell yes, but I say that almost every weekend.

The season is almost over folks. Go to as many as you can and have a great night. We want the promoters, race tracks and racers to be here again next year to give us hard choices to make every week!

Joe Chambers
Official Push Trucks
Last edited by Pushtruck; 9/13/16 at 10:24 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway 9/16