5/29/17, 10:14 PM   #1
Lawrenceburg WoO
dsc1600

Sounded like a good race again.

5/29/17, 10:18 PM   #2
CB24

Race Count This Year: 5

Great race.

Awesome battle between Shane Stewart, Donny, and Larson.

3 members like this post: flatout, smith19, tirespinner
5/30/17, 3:28 AM   #3
Simon_says17

Race Count Last Year: 17

Yeah it was a good one. Looked like Larson was going to take it until he jumped the cushion soon after passing Stewart for the lead. Couldn't quite get it back. Larson was decent early in the race (started 6th) but not great but once he started diamonding turns 1 and 2 he started passing guys with relative ease. It was fun watching the leaders navigate lapped traffic.

2 members like this post: smith19, tirespinner
5/30/17, 10:25 AM   #4
Wingman

Ditto. What they said. Feature was worth the price of admission.

5/30/17, 10:27 AM   #5
Re: Lawrenceburg WoO
SPRINTCAR

People complain about Eldora being dusty, they should have been there last nite. Pitiful on the backstretch. It hurt to watch.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/30/17, 10:29 AM   #6
SPRINTCAR

It was a great race. But people complain about Eldora, thay should have been there last nite. Pitiful on the backstretch. It hurt to watch.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/30/17, 10:53 AM   #7
Baylands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_says17 View Post
Yeah it was a good one. Looked like Larson was going to take it until he jumped the cushion soon after passing Stewart for the lead. Couldn't quite get it back. Larson was decent early in the race (started 6th) but not great but once he started diamonding turns 1 and 2 he started passing guys with relative ease. It was fun watching the leaders navigate lapped traffic.
Larson wasn't in the dash, he started 9th.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/30/17, 12:37 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I didn't go. I honestly don't know why the turn two stands were built there and not on the back straight on some ten foot pillars like the front straight but higher. I've watched races on the back straight and it isn't dusty but that turn two stands where the dust gets pushed up and out is not that fun. It also happens out of turn four but the roof of the grandstand creates a little blower channel that blows it back into the track.

If it were me, I'd sell the top ten rows and the two sections in front of the booth as reserved and leave the rest festival, Id do it for the USAC and Lucas shows as well, This isn't a complaint, it's a observation. I have no idea what goes into selling this event the way they do it and how to police it (That people actually get the seats they paid for) I do know they took a hell of a risk putting on the stow themselves and a lot of work into selling, answering questions, refunds/re-issue if rain-outs etc vs having a promotions company like SMS do it by leasing the track operations to them.

Glad everyone seen a heck of a race, Sounds to me it's been two years in a row now that outsiders have come in and spiced the show up vs the three years I went and called the outcome before the race even started..

We were going to go but I was still recovering from a 50hr marathon of going to bloomington, setting up camp, Watching the Burton Memorial then only getting two hours sleep, to go all day at the Little 500, driving home and still only getting about four to five hours sleep saturday night. Yesterday was rough. I decided not to go. From talking to a couple friends who went, I should have gone.

See ya June 10th Midget week with Non Wing Sprints. BE THERE! Get there early for good seats, dont mark more than ya need. Avoid the long main gate line by paying cash at the turn two pit gate or the turn four gate.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/30/17 at 12:40 PM.

1 member likes this post: Simon_says17
5/30/17, 12:51 PM   #9
Simon_says17

Race Count Last Year: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylands View Post
Larson wasn't in the dash, he started 9th.
Typo! Yep it was 9th.

5/30/17, 4:19 PM   #10
cb

Not only was turn 1 and 2 extremely dirty, I was shocked at the stones flying. One spectator on the top row was hit with a rock or stone. He left a blood trail as they took him out.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg WoO