IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #1 7/31/15 3:05 PM
Have friends coming for Smackdown, but did not attend ISW. Will arrive on Tuesday. Understand the track is charging $25 for Tuesday makeup, seems a lot for B finish and Main. If anyone has raincheck/bands they cannot use I would take them off your hands so my guests could get a taste on Tuesday. Many thanks.
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #2 7/31/15 3:08 PM
I hope your friends enjoy the races, but they are on Wednesday, not Tuesday. See you there!

Josh Spencer
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #3 7/31/15 3:28 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
Have friends coming for Smackdown, but did not attend ISW. Will arrive on Tuesday. Understand the track is charging $25 for Tuesday makeup, seems a lot for B finish and Main. If anyone has raincheck/bands they cannot use I would take them off your hands so my guests could get a taste on Tuesday. Many thanks.
Wednesday the 26th, the speedway has elected to let fans in at N/C. The ones that still have arm bands can upgrade to a pit pass at N/C as well. This is on the Kokomo website.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, oldfan49, WinglessLovers
captrat (Offline)
  #4 7/31/15 4:54 PM
Originally Posted by Josh Spencer:
I hope your friends enjoy the races, but they are on Wednesday, not Tuesday. See you there!

Josh Spencer
Thanks Josh, little brain fade here!
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #5 7/31/15 8:59 PM
Originally Posted by Shawn Harper:
Wednesday the 26th, the speedway has elected to let fans in at N/C. The ones that still have arm bands can upgrade to a pit pass at N/C as well. This is on the Kokomo website.
Awesome, so we along with several others made several trips to kokomo for the ISW race & the make up on Monday, they so willfully accepted everyone' s donations on Sat night with the hopes of seeing the ISW race.
So now kokomo speedway decides to allow every one in free on August 26th. I hope that that everyone that gets in for n/c enjoys the races, because a lot of people have already paid for it.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #6 7/31/15 9:51 PM
Yes, other people paid and I promise not to feel guilty getting in free.
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, dickster, fish, midnightrider, racegal, TBONE
Go Fast (Offline)
  #7 7/31/15 10:39 PM
The race will run Wednesday whether everyone in the stands paid or did not. They could have easily not rescheduled it. Those getting in free did not get to see the first part of the program during ISW. Maybe letting some folks in free will create some new fans which is such a big topic of discussion on another thread.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, Cel Cripe, dickster, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, PIT CART, TBONE
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 8/1/15 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Go Fast:
The race will run Wednesday whether everyone in the stands paid or did not. They could have easily not rescheduled it. Those getting in free did not get to see the first part of the program during ISW. Maybe letting some folks in free will create some new fans which is such a big topic of discussion on another thread.
I believe that is exactly why they are doing it. Your wristband gets upgraded to a pit pass which lets you any at 4, and the people who get in free get in at 5, to give the people who were there at Sprintweek first shot at seats. Seems more than fair to me.
3 Likes: Cel Cripe, dickster, Onlydirt
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #9 8/1/15 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Awesome, so we along with several others made several trips to kokomo for the ISW race & the make up on Monday, they so willfully accepted everyone' s donations on Sat night with the hopes of seeing the ISW race.
So now kokomo speedway decides to allow every one in free on August 26th. I hope that that everyone that gets in for n/c enjoys the races, because a lot of people have already paid for it.
My take - I paid to see heats, a B-main, and feature. When I return on Wednesday night I will get what I paid for, I am not bothered that others will get in free. Just glad the O'Connors are going to finish the program.

The track does everyone a favor by rescheduling and decides to do something nice for the fans and still there is grumbling. Can't please everyone.
16 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, Cel Cripe, dickster, dirtnonwingfan, erich45, fish, i love dirt track racing, Indy1808, oldfan49, Onlydirt, PIT CART, racedave, racefan20, racegal, Speedsme61x
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #10 8/1/15 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55:
My take - I paid to see heats, a B-main, and feature. When I return on Wednesday night I will get what I paid for, I am not bothered that others will get in free. Just glad the O'Connors are going to finish the program.

The track does everyone a favor by rescheduling and decides to do something nice for the fans and still there is grumbling. Can't please everyone.
That is the way I see it too. ON the other side, I have no beef against Bloomington for the way they handled the rainout either. But I am not a whiner.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, Indy1808, PIT CART