IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scams?
6/28/16, 8:27 PM   #1
Scams?
t_inmyface

Hey i have an ad on here about looking for an 87/40 maxim. I had a guy get a hold of me about having one for sale. The guy wasnt really making any sense when i asked him a few questions regarding this frame he had for sale. So eventually he told me it was a gift and he was trying to get rid of it cause he wasnt planning on racing it. I asked him for the numbers off this maxim frame he said it was ALLPRO410CI. We all know that isnt a maxim frame number here. He was very pushy to sell car and get money sent to him. Of course i did not but just a heads up on scams on IOW. He sent me pics of a car im assuming he had found on the internet for sale. I know we are all smarter than fallin for something like that but just letting everyone know to look out. Arkansas phone number. Once i called him out on it and told him his answers to my questions were worth a good laugh he stopped trying to contact me. Have a good evening everyone

6/29/16, 10:52 AM   #2
Re: Scams?
TQ29m

I had that happen to me a few years back, on a trailer I had posted for sale, long story, lot of time invested, but the guy was actually busted, and is still spending time, I had some experience in this sort of stuff, from my time in the Military, it fell right in with my MOS while in DC, but anyway, it took about 8 months to get the guy cornered, and this all over a $600.00 trailer? He had to be the moron of the month club, the FBI agent that called and thanked me for my help, was really sincere in her thanking me for my part in bringing him down, my trailer deal was only a part of what he had scammed, imagine the look on my face, when a check from him arrived, in the amount of 20k, of which I was to take out the cost of the trailer, and then have the rest in cash, available for him when he came to pick up the trailer, plus the poor people in Ca whose account they had written the ck on, actually the only illegal part of it, was the fact he had scammed them, to get access to their account, they weren't even aware of it! Bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Scams?