IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sun Apr 2 SUMAR Classic USAC Silver Crown + UMP Modifieds
4/2/17, 6:27 PM   #11
speedbump

They are taking way to much time the track is not going to any better re thinking about ever coming back

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/2/17, 7:41 PM   #12
Re: Sun Apr 2 SUMAR Classic USAC Silver Crown + UMP Modified
sp6967

good things come to those that wait.

5 members like this post: Jbaldwin, Pat O'Connor Fan, Robbie, Rpracing1, tspilly
4/2/17, 8:11 PM   #13
miledirt

had something come up and couldn't make the trip...

I know promoters needs butts in the stands, but I have to say that this Speedshift live stream is very good. Very impressed

4/2/17, 8:51 PM   #14
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
had something come up and couldn't make the trip...

I know promoters needs butts in the stands, but I have to say that this Speedshift live stream is very good. Very impressed
There were a ton of butts in stands tonight. Biggest crowd I've seen there in a very long time.

4/2/17, 9:08 PM   #15
Rpracing1

Agree, good crowd. Concessions suck though. Good race. Track turned out nice! Good run by DD and 100%!

4/2/17, 9:26 PM   #16
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
They are taking way to much time the track is not going to any better re thinking about ever coming back
No. They did just fine, IMO. I talk to a ton of people and you're the first I've seen that was unhappy with the way the show was ran.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 4/2/17 at 9:32 PM.

4/3/17, 2:31 AM   #17
flagboy55

They did just fine, I agree but they could have done a whole lot better. Overall no complaints. A great way to kick off my season and glad to see some of my iow friends

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/3/17, 9:09 AM   #18
SpfldMile

Overall a great day at Terre Haute. Beautiful weather, a great field of cars, met some nice folks, and saw a few friends too. On top of that, the race was really good. Four different leaders and good battles throughout the field. I know the champ cars aren't everyone's cup of tea, but to me, they're sacred. The long races with those big cars, I love it. The track was good for the feature and had two lanes for quite a while. It was packed a little too tight for hotlaps and Qualifying, but that's really nitpicking a nice season opener. I'm glad so many people showed up, I'm glad I did.

4/3/17, 3:07 PM   #19
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

I thought it was a good race; really impressed with DD's drive from 20th 7th. Had some interesting conversations in the grandstand. My friend from Indy brought a friend with him. The friend was WoO driver Daryn Pittman's father. Enjoyed visiting with a couple of other recently retired gents, one of whom was making his first visit to THAT.
I really appreciate Bob Sargent and Track Enterprises for their part in keeping Silver Crown racing alive. I believe the series is gaining strength. I plan to support nearly all of the Sargent promotions. I don't have any financial interest in it; I just enjoy seeing the cars that are such an important part of racing history perform and it would be a shame if the series were to cease to exist.
I am so glad that the Terre Haute Action track is alive and well. It seems to be enjoying some stability as well as growth in attendance under the Track Enterprises group. I just realized that it has been almost 50 years since I attended my first event there, the 1967 Hut Hundred. Sorry that event is no longer there, but we at least have many other events that are entertaining and worthy of our support.
Also, I think Terre Haute is the best place to socialize with friends. Heck, I think I'd drive there just to do that even if they didn't have races!

4/3/17, 4:36 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

One think to keep in mind as far as the track conditions. They had rain all week in Terre haute. They probably couldn't get on the track until late Saturday or early Sunday. If they had hadn't packed it, and not over watered it, it probably would have been very rough. I had no complaints. Saw 2 good races this weekend. Good job by all involved.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/3/17 at 5:01 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sun Apr 2 SUMAR Classic USAC Silver Crown + UMP Modifieds