IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC points question
6/9/20, 3:31 PM   #1
USAC points question
kb78

I think I know the answer here but how does USAC award qualifying points when they have enough cars for a split field? Is it like usual with the top 6 getting points, do they split it up for 3 getting points in each group or do they scrap the points altogether in this situation? Thanks in advance.

6/9/20, 4:19 PM   #2
Re: USAC points question
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb78 View Post
I think I know the answer here but how does USAC award qualifying points when they have enough cars for a split field? Is it like usual with the top 6 getting points, do they split it up for 3 getting points in each group or do they scrap the points altogether in this situation? Thanks in advance.
Top-6 fastest overall, regardless of their qualifying group, gets points.

6 points for 1st
5 points for 2nd
4 points for 3rd
3 points for 4th
2 points for 5th
1 point for 6th

6/9/20, 7:06 PM   #3
kb78

Thanks for the reply. I do understand now but I’m not sure that I agree with it, I mean if you split the field so it is more fair to late qualifiers why wouldn’t you split the points?

1 member likes this post: dshort36
6/22/20, 8:20 AM   #4
rj1

Why is Kyle Larson not listed in the USAC Midgets national points?

6/22/20, 8:51 AM   #5
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
Why is Kyle Larson not listed in the USAC Midgets national points?
He did not purchase a USAC license. All licensed drivers are included in the National point standings, non-licensed drivers are not. Always been that way.

For Indiana Midget Week or similar mini-series like that, Indiana Sprint Week, Eastern Storm, etc., etc., a license is not required to be included in the points.

6/22/20, 11:06 AM   #6
rj1

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
He did not purchase a USAC license. All licensed drivers are included in the National point standings, non-licensed drivers are not. Always been that way.

For Indiana Midget Week or similar mini-series like that, Indiana Sprint Week, Eastern Storm, etc., etc., a license is not required to be included in the points.
Thanks.

I always thought race series licenses were part of the conditions for being allowed to go on the track. Guess not for USAC. Presume it's something like "USAC honors certain other series' licenses"?

6/22/20, 1:10 PM   #7
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
Thanks.

I always thought race series licenses were part of the conditions for being allowed to go on the track. Guess not for USAC. Presume it's something like "USAC honors certain other series' licenses"?
Any driver who is not a USAC licensed member can race on a temporary permit (TP). The permit allows participation in one race event. Unlike licensed members, a TP holder is not eligible for annual member benefits that include participant accident insurance, posted contingency awards and point fund money.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, rick42
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC points question