IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameron Dodson Bad Crash
11/23/08, 11:54 PM   #41
Re: Cameron Dodson
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley37 View Post
We made it back from Indiana last night.

Camerons is improving slightly. His brain pressure was the lowest it had been as of yesterday which is great news. The drs changed the patch on his head lastnight so they can now tell when Cam is awake and when he is sleeping. I could tell when I loooked at him that he is fighting as hard has he can. He is still in dire need of everyone's prayers and I ask you to keep him and his family in your thoughts especially as we approach the holidays.

We are planning on making trips over there every two weeks. And we will continue to keep in close contact with our friends over there so if I receive anymore information I'll be sure to pass it on.

I agree with Kel. Cam made a mistake. I also believe that mistakes are made to learn by. If Cam's mistake and accident prevents someone else from making the same mistake then some good will come from this.

I know for a fact that when my 13 year old daughter looked at Cameron laying there in that hospital bed seeing the kid whom she adores go through so much pain and suffering, she'll never forget that image. Then when my 9 year old son sat there holding Camerons hand and telling him to keep fighting, as his voice cracks from the tears, it brought tears to my eyes. Cameron is my sons idol and Austin runs the same #37 on his mini sprint & sports jersey's that Cameron ran on his mini sprint and sprint car. I know my kids will never forget what they saw. And for me a 37 year old woman looking at the kid whom I think of as my second son fighting for his life well I hope you all can imagine what was going through my head. Reading even the smallest of negetive things just tears me up because like Kel said Cameron does mean something to some of us and to see bad things being posted about a loved one makes me defensive and it takes my thoughts away from where I want them to be.

In closing I'd like to say... A mistake was made. Bad judgement was made. Cameron is not perfect and we all make mistakes, just as he did. Maybe we've just all been lucky.

We love you Cam,
Cathy
Cathy, Thank you for the update, I am just beginning to learn the full extent of Cameron's injuries. Cameron, Tom, and Cindy remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Cathy, you are right your children will never forget the image of Cameron lying in the hospital bed, you children idolize Cameron. Both my brother and a next door neighbor were involved in seperate car accidents in their early twenties, my brother survived his accident with permanent scaring to his face. Our neighbor fell asleep at the wheel on his way home from work, his wake was held in the afternoon on Dec. 24th. I have never forgotten stopping by the funeral home to pay our respects enroute to my Aunt's house for our Christmas Eve celebration. That was about forty three years ago and yet at times it seems like it was yesterday. It was a time of shock and disbelief just like learning of Cameron's accident was.

The last time I saw Cameron was right after the PIR race Nov. 6th, he had a big smile on his face, talking to Tom about the race. I hope and pray that smile returns to his face soon and everyday he shows remarkable improvment.

I continue to pray for a full and speedy recovery for Cameron.

Patti

11/23/08, 11:57 PM   #42
Silvercrown90

My thoughts and prayers are with Cameron, the Dodson family and friends for a complete and speedy recovery.

Sharon Bank
USAC Silver Crown #90

11/24/08, 1:05 AM   #43
pgray

Yes, a mistake was made ... so be it.
There should now be no further reason for anyone to continue to bring it up and especially here on a message board of all things. Who is perfect among us ?

Everyone should be directing their positive energy in prayer that God may continue to bless this bright and talented young man. Please keep Cameron in your good thoughts and wishes as his complete recovery is realized ! :thumb

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
11/24/08, 11:30 PM   #44
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post
There should now be no further reason for anyone to continue to bring it up and especially here on a message board of all things. Who is perfect among us ?
I will not criticise Cameron for making the same stupid & foolish mistakes that I have commited myself. I pray for his speedy & complete recovery.

2 members like this post: opnwhlmnd, TNRustler
11/25/08, 1:38 PM   #45
kel-kel

Cathy could have said it any better.

Thanksgiving is coming up......when you all sit down around your table for that big thanksgiving feast please remember Cam and the Dodson family.

We are thankful that Cameron is here in our lives. Whatever steps and boundaries we have to go thru from this point on we will all be there every step of the way. In no way shape or form are they alone. Whatever the family may need, lets all pull together as a family and be there for them. For our racing family is our second family......

lets not forget that.

We love you Cam and we are praying for you!!!

11/25/08, 9:57 PM   #46
Jerry Shaw

Thoughts and prayer for a complete recovery. This has been a hard year, as far as young drivers getting injured is concerned. Let's pray we don;t see another year like this one, for a long time.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

11/26/08, 10:09 AM   #47
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgray View Post

Everyone should be directing their positive energy in prayer that God may continue to bless this bright and talented young man. Please keep Cameron in your good thoughts and wishes as his complete recovery is realized ! :thumb
This is one of the best posts I've ever seen on this board.

12/20/21, 7:07 PM   #48
racer-x

I just read we’re he passed on today😢

12/20/21, 7:27 PM   #49
PIT CART

Sad news to hear 😢

12/20/21, 7:30 PM   #50
Re: Cameron Dodson Bad Crash
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
I just read we’re he passed on today😢
As sad as this is, x, thank you for informing us of his passing.

I can remember sitting in the stands at Butler years ago and I struck up a conversation with a guy sitting next to me. Rob Starkey. He was a racer from the same area in Indiana as Cam. He was telling me how Cam was planning on moving on and up and a lot of his sprint car equipment was up for sale at the time.

Years later I can recall just hearing how he was involved in an alcohol related incident. I just thought it was a DUI, or something of the sort, and blew it off. I never knew the young man suffered such a fate.

Once again, thank you for bringing up this long dormant thread to inform us of this unfortunate incident and passing.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cameron Dodson Bad Crash