IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.
4/27/20, 6:16 PM   #21
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp6967 View Post
sounds like the yearly flu.
It is not the yearly flu. We can get an annual inoculation for the flu. We now are approaching 1 million cases, and 55,000 deaths in the 3 month time frame. The yearly flu and Covid-19 are not comparable

3 members like this post: fish, jim goerge, ronmil
4/27/20, 6:20 PM   #22
chop

I feel for all of us. We are in the same boat. To some what bring this back to woo races. So if I owned a race track would I book, pay in advance for a race. Sounds like you could not sell a ticket for every seat. Limited food sales. No tee shirt sales. Would think that will put a big hurt on race teams.

6 members like this post: duel, interpreter66, jonboat15, PIT CART, racer-x, robert gatten
4/27/20, 6:45 PM   #23
Re: WoO new procedures.
racenut69

I still use cash!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
Interesting rules to say the least. Am I the only dinosaur left still using cash? If the government would eliminate cash and require a card for everything we could have the worst data breach ever. I like using cash always have. No tailgating at the races, no beer, and no reserved seats. I already paid for my yearly seat, no I don't expect a refund, I would just like to use my seat when the tracks open. I was never a big fan of the WoO and their making the rules for everyone else to comply with

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, interpreter66, jonboat15
4/27/20, 7:10 PM   #24
racer-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
It is not the yearly flu. We can get an annual inoculation for the flu. We now are approaching 1 million cases, and 55,000 deaths in the 3 month time frame. The yearly flu and Covid-19 are not comparable
Well thank you for that same info the tv tells the people at night which sends them under there bed with there thumb in there mouth.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, PIT CART
4/27/20, 7:43 PM   #25
flagboy55

Quick question for racer X. If the Martian came from the moon wouldn’t it make him moontian or did he just stop there on the way to earth?😉
I sure hope Mike is right and this is basically a draft as a start to more reasonable measures. I don’t know who to believe entirely but I believe there are agendas by some that’s not in the best interest of most Americans. Just a tidbit, you don’t have to go very far to find out a significant number of deaths are being relabeled as not from the pandemic

5 members like this post: duel, jonboat15, PIT CART, racer-x, Speedwrench
4/27/20, 8:01 PM   #26
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Just a tidbit, you don’t have to go very far to find out a significant number of deaths are being relabeled as not from the pandemic
And that argument is getting tiresome too.

4/27/20, 8:03 PM   #27
jonboat15

Be careful about posting on moontians, that may be culture insensitive. Just kidding ,,LOL,,

1 member likes this post: racer-x
4/27/20, 8:53 PM   #28
jonboat15

If that Moontian stopped anywhere in PA he might be a posse member.

1 member likes this post: Jonr
4/27/20, 9:48 PM   #29
sp6967

if woo tries this and pay per view numbers are down, and the tracks aren't allowed to sell enough tickets to cover costs will they try and raise back gate prices to cover costs?

4/28/20, 12:23 AM   #30

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Something would have to give. Either increased PPV revenue, higher ticket cost, higher back gate, lower sanction fee's, reduced purse, bigger sponsors or likely a crazy combination of all of them.

So whether the WOO rules are used or not you are basically going to have X's all over for people standing in line, Enough hand washing/ sanitizing stations, masks available for those that don't bring one and X's on your grandstand seats every six feet. Now if you only can use one seat every six feet and have two empty rows in between goin up and down my math says you have lost better than 2/3rd's of your potential ticket sales.

I can see less than 1000 seats being available for most Woo events. With concessions likely being down equally as much your going to have to make up somewhere. Limited tickets will probably sell out quick ahead of time. I know I will make sure to get mine right away.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > WoO new procedures.