IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
spade (Offline)
  #1 12/30/10 9:30 AM
Just saw on Fox that Kokomo was hit with a 4.2 earthtquake. I felt a tremor here in Fairborn Ohio. Any news?
richie (Offline)
  #2 12/30/10 9:39 AM
I am in Fishers, Indiana right now and I felt it very strongly. Happened at 7:56am ET. Just sitting here in my computer chair and I heard a boom and then the whole house shook for five seconds or so. It's the first one I've ever felt, so that was pretty crazy. 4.2 magnitude centered around Greentown.

I went for a walk inside the house and checked out the front door and wondered to myself if I am the only one that felt this. That was until I turned on the news a few minutes later and they were coming in with breaking news about it.
Tony Barhorst (Offline)
  #3 12/30/10 10:00 AM
There was a slight earthquake felt throughout the Fort Wayne region is morning as I was at the computer on the top floor of the Ft. Wayne Marriott. That was the Rumble In Fort Wayne at the epicenter.

http://www.rumbleseries.com/
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 12/30/10 10:15 AM
Hope nobody has injury or damage. Rare but not impossible around here. There is a major Fault Line under Lafayette. IDK where this one came from.

Charles Nungester
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #5 12/30/10 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=richie;208215]I am in Fishers, Indiana right now and I felt it very strongly. Happened at 7:56am ET. Just sitting here in my computer chair and I heard a boom and then the whole house shook for five seconds or so. It's the first one I've ever felt, so that was pretty crazy. 4.2 magnitude centered around Greentown.
QUOTE]

I felt it on the northeast side of Indy (Lawrence area). My whole office building shook for about 5 second. Felt like somebody grabbed the building and just started rocking it. 7:56 was the same time on my clock when I looked at it. Looking outside, I didn't see any damage. This is the second one we have had this year. I remember being at work for that one too.

Indy Star has something up about it:
http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...t|IndyStar.com
davidm (Offline)
  #6 12/30/10 10:50 AM
We had one in Maryland this summer 3.6 in the middle of the night. WEIRD!

Hope everyone is OK and there is no damage.
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #7 12/30/10 11:00 AM
It made the early morning news here in Southern California.
reeserx (Offline)
  #8 12/30/10 11:26 AM
I live in Kokomo and I think everyone felt it except my gf and I sleeping lol, my buddy works at the Kohls here which is close to the epicenter in greentown and said it cracked the stockroom floor which is thick concrete. I felt the one in 2006 though. I hope no one has injuries or damage from it
Posted via Mobile Device
terrehautian (Offline)
  #9 12/30/10 11:58 AM
That wasn't an earthquake....I had beans last night and sent one deep into the earth and it made it to Kokomo before it came out.

Supposedly it was felt here in TH, but I slept through this one. The one a few years ago, I was awaken from my sleep from it.
Seadog (Offline)
  #10 12/30/10 12:10 PM