IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Stanbroughed"
6/15/12, 3:59 PM   #1
"Stanbroughed"
ChadSmith

While watching Jackslash coverage last night of Putnamville, I heard the track announcer (not Buckley) say someone got "Stanbroughed". I'm pretty sure it was when Dakota and Jon tangled. Surely the announcer wasn't implying that JS hit Jackson, right? That definitely wasn't the case. From what I saw on another video of the race, Dakota slid off the track and came back on right towards an already committed driver. It looked like Jon slammed on his breaks and Dakota punched the throttle, doing a conplete u-turn around JS. You can't put that blame on either one. Not sure why the announcer would call Stanbrough out like that. He made him sound like a well-known dirty driver. I heard Jon went and had a talk with Dakota, and Jackson was totally aware that it wasnt Jon's fault. Maybe I'm wrong. I'll admit, I wasn't there, but I watched videos of the heats and features. Pretty cool to see Jon Stanbrough move up through the pack in the feature, before getting caught up in an accident ahead of him. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/12, 4:12 PM   #2
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

i knew that would happen, it happened so fast that i tried saying that he and jon got together and the caution ensued. i was going for 'he caught stanbroughs tire' but obviously i was talking too fast. it sucks being an announcer and words fly out faster than our brains can think. if anyone was offended by it, i do sincerely apologize.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by Chris Nunn; 6/15/12 at 4:14 PM.

6/15/12, 4:24 PM   #3
ChadSmith

I doubt anyone was offended. I didn't lose any sleep over it. I understand it was LIVE and stuff happens so quick that sometimes you wish you could be on a "delay". I was just hoping that the case wasn't really that you as the announcer really thought Jon hit him. I was second guessing even posting this because I asked myself "I wonder if he really thought Jon hit him?" Props to you speaking up. Most wouldn't do so, and glad you know what real racing is. Some people were talking last night like Jon did it on purpose. Those people are idiots. You did a fine job of announcing.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: speed bump, Wayne Davis
6/15/12, 4:26 PM   #4
Chris Nunn

thanks for posting it honestly, i welcome any opinions whether i screw up or not lol

Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/12, 6:01 PM   #5
treecitytornado

I thought Brad Dickison was the announcer?

Posted via Mobile Device

6/15/12, 6:06 PM   #6
Chris Nunn

i did the voice for the video

Posted via Mobile Device

6/16/12, 11:10 AM   #7
Re: "Stanbroughed"
fasterthanu

Chris,

I was surprised when I heard you announcing on the LPS video, and I thought you did a great job as always. A GREAT announcer added a lot to the viewing experience for me and it made the awesome race even better. Hope you and Sean will be doing that more often.

Trent Niflis

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > "Stanbroughed"