IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Winged Sprints at Atomic Roll Call
10/1/14, 6:25 AM   #21
Re: Non-Winged Sprints at Atomic Roll Call
Sprintcarfanatic

Flatrightrear, You will not be let down. I'd put it right there with Attica as far as action.

10/1/14, 7:26 AM   #22
JK

Atomic is a high banked high speed track. I've been there twice this year and the racing was excellent. It's definitely one of my favorite tracks and I look forward to going back.

10/1/14, 8:35 AM   #23
smith19

been going there since the late 1960's. my favorite track. it has the steepest banking of all ohio track's and is very fast. really only needs to be a two day event. but will be there...

2 members like this post: Bill May, duel
10/1/14, 11:20 PM   #24
Duane Hancock

1) It's the first year for the event so who knows how many cars will be there. If you get 200 cars, which is HIGHLY possible then people will ***** they sat through 10 mods heats before the sprints, so maybe just maybe 3 days could be alright.

2) it PAYS HUGE $$$$. Hello am I'm missing something here but in the day and age of tracks closing right and left or up in the air for next season, this track is trying to bring a late season HUGE race to fans, drivers, n the sport!!

3) it's late October who knows about weather and again 3 days might, just maybe be better in case, yes Ohio October, could be cold, in case it is and gets program done sooner

So instead of writing off, not showing up because it's 3 days, or ******** already before you seen a lap or an attempt or the weather or car count for it and being negative, why the hell not give it a shot before you decide. Just because it it's your perfect agenda doesn't mean it wont work. No wonder tracks are closing n people getting out of the sport right n left because here's a big show, better than most purses a car can race for the majority of the season in this region n the critics are out a month before it happens. Why not be happy, thankful, or at least encouraging of oh wow this is cool SOMEONE is trying another big event.

Okay sorry for my rant for the day but just pisses me off anymore people find something to run down stuff wayyyyyyyyyy before it even happens. If it sucks or bombs, then cut loose but before it happens, no one can tell what's going to be right or wrong.

10/1/14, 11:55 PM   #25
Bill May

Duane, Some of the negative post on this are similar to the 305 sprints at Bloomington thread, all sorts of things wrong, wing class, not in my backyard, not on my day off work, promoters ripping us off, it's in Ohio, it's in October, it,s 3 days, etc, etc, etc. I understand the rant, It's difficult to ignore some of these mega posters who, apparently, feel some obligation to impart their knowledge on almost every thread on this board, usually negative, unless it affect their favorite track or class.

To quote Red Green, Just hang in there, we are all in this together

Bill May

4 members like this post: Duane Hancock, mtek56, Tony74, Unlucky#9
10/2/14, 1:50 AM   #26
Flatrightrear

A person can make it a one, two or three day show, right? Just show up when you want to. Problem solved. Weather might be the "iffy" so let's hope it turns out well for all involved.

3 members like this post: Bill May, Duane Hancock, smith19
10/2/14, 8:42 PM   #27
wideopen24

Is there a "NON WING" entry list anywhere?

1 member likes this post: triplexxx
10/3/14, 12:27 PM   #28
DirtRacingMedia

They haven't released it yet but they said they had more than 20 Pre-Entered.

10/6/14, 9:09 PM   #29
DirtRacingMedia

Let's get a ROLL CALL started for this race. Less than 3 weeks away. Who do you know that is going?

10/6/14, 10:13 PM   #30
Duane Hancock

Chad Wilson non wing

1 member likes this post: DirtRacingMedia
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Winged Sprints at Atomic Roll Call