IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #141 1/3/13 11:57 AM
I'm not about to get into a pixxing match with another owner on this site, but assuming that the writer is actually who he is, I do have the following statement:

First of all, when I come to the race track I have never punched out a USAC official or shoved a reporter, threw a helmet at a fellow car owner or driver and nor have I ever told a race track audience over a public address system that has come to see my car race to "kiss my ###." Furthermore, I bring legal cars to race tracks that conform to the published rules.

Secondly, there are two issues that were at hand in the past two years of racing at Fort Wayne. Tires and a tail tank. You knowingly brought tires to Fort Wayne last year that, according to the promoter, were given to you by Hoosier. Don Kenyon told me that I can't buy the tires that you had on your car. I personally saw the tires myself on your race car and they were nothing like what everyone else had and BTW, the rest of us followed the rules and bought the official tires from Don Kenyon. You made a choice and it was a bad choice. You got caught the second day of last year's racing. You knowingly raced against the rest of us with illegal tires. The promoter allowed you to win on illegal tires. Be thankful on your part that he allowed it despite ignoring the published rules that the rest of us abided by.

Now let me address the tail tank. The Rumble is governed by the tech rules that the United States Auto Club publishes yearly. I have read the current rules and the square tail tank is illegal. Allegedly you were telling those who listened that the tank was legal. Despite it being illegal according the rules, the promoter allowed you race with it. Another free pass for you. Be thankful again that you weren't disqualified. That's two free passes now that the rest of us have never had from the promoter at Fort Wayne.

Finally, your claim that I am protesting the tires, tail tank and other items on your car is totally false. Prior to the promoter asking you to remove the illegal tires, I had no discussions with the promoter nor did claim any protest about your tires or any other part on your car prior to him asking you to remove them. Also any claim that I protested your tail tank is also false. I had no discussion with the promoter about your tail tank during the race meet at Fort Wayne nor did I have any other discussion or protests about your car or parts of your car with the promoter at Fort Wayne this year or last year. You have the promoter's phone number. Please call him and ask him if my statement on this site is true.

I don't know who is telling you that I'm complaining about your car but they are giving you totally false information. But the facts are that you knowingly have showed up at Fort Wayne with tires and parts that are illegal according to the published rules. You received two free passes from the promoter that the rest of us have never had.

Thanks!

Don Moore
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #142 1/3/13 12:04 PM
Racers Cheat? Please say it isn't so.......

Tony Stewart for President!
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #143 1/3/13 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Stewart:
If not, then shut up once and for all and quit whining.
I agree!

Originally Posted by DonMoore10:
I'm not about to get into a pixxing match with another owner on this site,
You just did but I know you won't shut up until you have the last word. If you're not ******** about something you're not posting on IOW.

9 Likes: LRP36, Midget 89, Mud Packer, racefan20, randy j, Rpracing1, SETracing, Topless77, TQ97
team3521 (Offline)
  #144 1/3/13 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tony Stewart:
To Mr. Don Moore, I've raced at Ft. Wayne for a long time now and there is one thing that is very obvious. If you spent HALF as much time working on your car as you do ******** about mine, you might have a car that doesn't spin out 5 times per night. I will have my conventional tail tank back on for next years races. I didn't really like the way the new tank looked anyway but knew you would throw a fit over it like you do about everything on my car. I would love to know what else you are going to complain about so i have time to fix it before next years races as well. And for the record, I bought the car from Mike for 15k and the same amount for the car Mike is driving. Im currently buying another munchkin that has recently come up for sale. What i am willing to do is LOAN you the car to enter this coming year free of charge. You can set it up as you like, or i will be more than willing to set it up for you. I understand by watching your car that you sometimes struggle with setups. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you are interested. As a fellow car owner for two WoO teams, a USAC sprint team, And two silver crown teams i also understand the concern over the cost of open wheel racing. But rest assured, i'm not winning races with a 22yr old car because i spend more than everyone else. If you have paid any attention over the last 6yrs that i've owned the two cars, you would have noticed that any of the parts that we have replaced on the cars are over the counter parts that are available to anyone. Every year around this time everyone has to listen to you ***** about everyone's cars (or mine in particular). I love this sport and most of the people involved, but this has gone on long enough. So again, i will loan you a car next year if you would like. If not, then shut up once and for all and quit whining. Sincerely, Tony Stewart
I cannot believe that "the actual" Tony Stewart has taken the time to read and post a reply on this forum. I mean as busy as this guy is and as much as he has going, he took the time to post on here! Must be a more important subject than I thought it would be for him.

I've always thought that running at Ft. Wayne was for FUN for Tony and to go blow off some steam during the off season... I hope, for one, that it remains that way. It would be a much less interesting race without him there.

Tony Barnhorst was quoted with the statement, "he is a throwback to the drivers of the ole days".
I've seen it for years and years, he can get in anything and be instantly at the top of the speed charts and I respect that!

Bobby East was quoted this "To say that he is a great driver is an understatement" and I would agree with that!

Maybe it's FUN to mess with the other owners and drivers too?

Thanks Tony! It's fun and entertaining for me to sit back and watch. Good luck and have fun at the Chili Bowl.
LRP36 (Offline)
  #145 1/3/13 12:51 PM
Don, Here is a simple solution go out and win it! That will quiet all the haters! Geoff you are a hell of a shoe and I think you can get the job done but the question I have is why when you spin do you feel u have to do a 360 to keep it going when all you end up doing is tearing up more stuff of the other people. You aren't going to gain anything from doing a 360!

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: GasIt4, Midget4
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #146 1/3/13 1:13 PM
Tony & Don stirring up the pot , should be a promoters dream !
GasIt4 (Offline)
  #147 1/3/13 1:16 PM
Don you must really not get it! Like tony said, spend all your ******** about other people's cars on iow and convert it into making your faster and you will carry the title as rumble winner. It's clear as day that you have a car to put in victory lane but instead of figuring out a way to do that, you spend half your time wandering the pits looking for stuff to complain about. If u didn't sit and complain about everything, maybe competitors would be willing to give you set up advice. It's very easy to make your car faster without buying speed when it comes to indoor racing...

Posted via Mobile Device
Joltin Joe (Offline)
  #148 1/3/13 1:28 PM
Don, For the record all day on Friday I ran faster lap times then Tony...heck I qualified 2nd, over a ten of a second faster the Tony. Being i was faster Was I cheating also? I don't have the best car or new tires like everyone else did...all my team ( my wife and I)have is talent and the desire to Win.

It's to bad we broke on Friday night and didn't have enough parts to fix it for Saturday.

Posted via Mobile Device
12 Likes: DAD, GasIt4, hairracer44, JoyceGB14, KRJoyce1, LRP36, Midget18, Midget4, Roy Bleckert, SETracing, SETracing71, WBR 3E
GasIt4 (Offline)
  #149 1/3/13 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by Joltin Joe:
Don, For the record all day on Friday I ran faster lap times then Tony...heck I qualified 2nd, over a ten of a second faster the Tony. Being i was faster Was I cheating also? I don't have the best car or new tires like everyone else did...all my team ( my wife and I)have is talent and the desire to Win.

Posted via Mobile Device
And a POS Jacobs chassis lol

Posted via Mobile Device
bigmojo5
  #150 1/3/13 1:41 PM
I have it on very good authority that the square tail tank was done for one reason, and one reason only, and after reading 15 pages of urinating and moaning on IOW, I know that it has been accomplished. It adds no competitive advantage to the performance of the car. It DOES get in people's heads and urinates them off.
End of story.
5 Likes: GasIt4, JoyceGB14, LRP36, Mud Packer, racefan20
Closed Thread