IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Corvette reveal
7/19/19, 7:37 AM   #1
New Corvette reveal
Jonr

After years of rumors, it has been officially released. It is the mid-engine Corvette. I am excited to see it in person. Hopefully, many of you are excited about it as well. #IworkforGM

Corvette Reveal

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
7/19/19, 4:09 PM   #2
Re: New Corvette reveal
Spi-nex

Just as ugly as every other corvette ever made. Bet it rusts just as bad as every other GM product too.

1 member likes this post: progressive22
7/19/19, 4:20 PM   #3
Dan Nelson

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
After years of rumors, it has been officially released. It is the mid-engine Corvette. I am excited to see it in person. Hopefully, many of you are excited about it as well. #IworkforGM

Corvette Reveal
I am very excited about it and am looking forward to seeing where pricing on the Z51 package is as well as what other variants will be available.

I currently have a Camaro (1SS 1LE-which unfortunately hasn't seen the track yet but that's a different story) and while I have aspired to have a Corvette for a long time I've been leaning towards a Camaro ZL1 1LE when it is time to upgrade (which is still quite awhile away).

After seeing the reveal and available specs on the C8 I have to say that I now would probably lean towards the 'Vette. While I fully understand the reasoning behind the DCT I greatly prefer a manual transmission and hope that with the release of other models/packages one might possibly become available.

Dan Nelson

7/19/19, 4:32 PM   #4
hoscalecody

The Daytona Prototype becomes a street car. I've always loved Corvette's, but in my opinion this was a stupid move and I'm not a fan. Oh well not like I have money to go buy it or want to buy it.

7/19/19, 7:16 PM   #5
TQ29m

I had a 59, 60, and a 61, before I went into the military, then after I got out, I bought a used 63 split window, that is the one I shoulda kept, that was my favorite body style, but now I have a mustang, things change.

1 member likes this post: DAD
7/20/19, 2:49 PM   #6
Jonr

The Corvette chief designer had stated that they had taken the performance of the front engine Corvette as far as they could. To continue to get performance gains that they needed to move to the mid-engine design. They also talked about how even the original designer or the Corvette was always wanting a mid-engine design, and they showed some of his concept cars that were all mid-engine designs. I found an article that has even more mid engine proto-types. #IworkforGM

https://driving.ca/chevrolet/auto-ne...t-almost-built

7/21/19, 7:41 PM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Looks a lot like an Acura NSX. I am assuming the Corvette is a tad longer though.

7/21/19, 9:42 PM   #8
TQ29m

I was working at a Chevy dealer when the Duntov's designed the new V8, along with the new 55 body and chassis design, and along with all the promotional materials, they produced a little Corvette for the kids, somewhere I've got some of the cove mouldings for them, could be worth a little bit, but the item I favor the most is a 45 RPM record called"Sounds of Corvette", they really put it through its paces. Zorra was supposed to be driving. Really made a young man's mind wonder what one would cost!
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/23/19 at 7:16 PM.

7/22/19, 1:57 AM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Just as ugly as every other corvette ever made. Bet it rusts just as bad as every other GM product too.
I think its uglier....

7/22/19, 8:02 PM   #10
dirt40

I wonder how many of the Corvette purists will accept the fact that there is no manual transmission option. I personally like the current Stingray better.

1 member likes this post: chris jockish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Corvette reveal