IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Event info: Dirt oval at route 66 usac midgets - 6/29/
6/30/19, 12:29 PM   #11
Re: Usac: Event info: Dirt oval at route 66 usac midgets - 6
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
......….IAnd another thing, talk about stupid penalties. Larson gets disqualified for a crew person leaving the work area to look at the car under red, did nothing to it. I get there’s a rule for that, so fine them, or whatever. Different if they actually worked on the car. A huge price to pay for what was a complete non factor...……..
Did the crew person go onto the track surface? I could see a driver being DQ for having a crew person on the track surface.

Also, I hate it when I hear about stories about the races running this late. It is one of my pet peeves in racing.

4 members like this post: billw, flagboy55, ISF, PIT CART
6/30/19, 12:37 PM   #12
sprintcarjim

I totally agree. 2 hour drive home. I pulled into my driveway at 3:40 am. I won't be back!!! Lesson learned.

6/30/19, 1:22 PM   #13
Crankin

HORRIBLE decision making on this one.
Don't know if it was the promoter, USAC, All Stars, or all 3 to wait for Larson..... I have never heard of such a thing happening before??? You're late, you're late... Start at the tail. It's not like anybody wouldn't understand why he was late. Besides, Kyle shows up late, starts at the tail of everything, puts the show on that everyone would love, and the legend grows even more!!

May not be the best example, but Charlotte/NASCAR weren't going to wait on Kurt Busch if he was late after running the Indy 500.

Those who did go to this race, just because Larson was there, did not sign up for what they got. When diehards are leaving after the B main, what did the people who showed up just to see Larson do??? I know one thing they won't do, come back to another dirt track race.

On another subject surrounding this race, what could possibly be the reason for Flo not showing the ALL Stars, and Speedshift not showing the Midgets?? Brilliant. What possible good does this do for anyone, and what possible harm could be done by each "network" showing the other class?

If you say it would hurt the one off sales for the ppv, you're wrong. People that follow the All Stars know where to buy their PPVs, and vice versa for the USAC PPVs. So one off sales are not the reason.
With that said, can someone give me a legitimate reason why each "network" would not want to expose their product to a different audience??? DUMB.
All Star fan tunes into watch his sprint car guys on Speedshift, sees some really cool Midget racing, and possibly buys a future Flo Racing telecast to see more Midget racing.... Vice Versa for a USAC fan seeing the All Stars... They may go out buy one of their future PPVs.

Not Rocket Science that any extra exposure is a good thing for everyone involved. Now, with the way it was handled, All Star fans paying for the telecast are less than thrilled that they have to just sit there waiting for those damn Midgets to run while they watch commercials or replays. USAC fans are less than thrilled having to sit thru endless race replays (some twice), while those damn winged cars are running.
Please tell me what was accomplished by any of this.
Last edited by Crankin; 6/30/19 at 1:27 PM.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, flagboy55, ISF, mc/rider
6/30/19, 2:05 PM   #14
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Kenny, Kyle also confirmed that, during the victory lane interview, when he was thanking the fans for still being there.

Jerry
Thanks for the clarification, Jerry.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
6/30/19, 3:46 PM   #15
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

If they held the beginning for Larson's arrival that is just wrong. I hope that's not the case as I've seen other drivers arrive late and have to start at the tail. If that was the case, how ironic it would be because they disqualified him. Agree the penalty was too harsh, should have been sent the the rear as it was not his fault a crew member forgot the rules, but never touched the car. Just don't understand why it took so long to run this race. Even the catch fence repair didn't take that long.

3 members like this post: billw, flagboy55, ISF
7/2/19, 10:21 AM   #16
flagboy55

One more thing. It needs to be said in spite of the shortcomings of the night, the place is a great facility. Plenty of room, clean and spacious restrooms, friendly staff and the track was good. Expensive concessions but I know there’s a lot of overhead with that place. I’ll give them another shot because it’s close, but I certainly understand how those with more than an hour drive or better would think twice

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Event info: Dirt oval at route 66 usac midgets - 6/29/