4 members like this post: jim goerge, mc/rider, rdzsprint, Rich Mersereau
5/30/16, 9:09 PM   #2
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Ate breakfast with AJ last wednesday,well there was one table between us

3 members like this post: Bostonian, jim goerge, luckybuc97
5/30/16, 9:33 PM   #3
racer-x

There are only a handful of men left that tell the facts like AJ. If the speedway would invest the money they spend on promoting so called Hollywood stars like "lady goo goo" I bet they could offset a team owner with some $$ to promote somebody like BC.
We sat all the way to the top in turn 4 on carb day and the people sitting close to us were very knowledgeable Indy fans. They had little facts on how good that guy in the green and white 88 was outside the Indy 500. I hate to say it but I can't say I ever heard of Alex Rossi before he won the race as I don't pay much attention to F1.

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, PIT CART, speed bump, team3521
5/30/16, 9:39 PM   #4
bsmith8

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
There are only a handful of men left that tell the facts like AJ. If the speedway would invest the money they spend on promoting so called Hollywood stars like "lady goo goo" I bet they could offset a team owner with some $$ to promote somebody like BC.
We sat all the way to the top in turn 4 on carb day and the people sitting close to us were very knowledgeable Indy fans. They had little facts on how good that guy in the green and white 88 was outside the Indy 500. I hate to say it but I can't say I ever heard of Alex Rossi before he won the race as I don't pay much attention to F1.
I thought he was a foreign driver. I had no idea he was an American the way he acted after the race waving and blowing kisses to the fans, not to mention I never had heard of him .

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
5/30/16, 9:52 PM   #5
streetglider

I'm not gonna lie ... The way he acted in victory lane - I thnk he might be gay.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racer-x
5/30/16, 10:06 PM   #6
LEADERS EDGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
I'm not gonna lie ... The way he acted in victory lane - I thnk he might be gay.
And you thought....Hey...I wonder if he's dating anyone?

As far as AJ goes....I didn't see him offering any rides at Kokomo Sun night.

I think Furestone and the Speedway have spent a lot of $ getting guys to Indy over the past few years.

I think we all know he's American now.
Last edited by LEADERS EDGE; 5/30/16 at 10:08 PM.

4 members like this post: Kellen Conover, Puppy, Tom23, trannyman
5/30/16, 10:34 PM   #7
bsmith8

The thought of him being gay never crossed my mind. I just thought he did not act like the American drivers do. I heard tonight that he was raised in Europe so that explains his personality .

5/30/16, 10:48 PM   #8
Tumey's 55

The "guys arent as tough, not as good as we were" thing is pretty lame. It serves no purpose, makes the old guy look small and belittles today's stars. AJ should be trying to help the sport by talking about how talented the drivers are today. Full respect for AJ but what is going on today has no impact on his greatness, let it go.

5/30/16, 10:51 PM   #9
Re: AJ on todays drivers
Ratso

Florence Henderson in victory lane was after Rossi like a cougar. That even scares me.Give the guy a break.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, bsmith8, SteveW
5/30/16, 10:54 PM   #10
Kellen Conover

Boy, some intelligence being spewed here. We have an extremely talented American driver win the Indianapolis 500 and some want to discuss his ****** orientation, or demean his abilities because he doesn't have their preferred racing background. Do the Google, read a biography. By 17 he had already moved himself to Europe to further his career because he wanted to become a Formula 1 driver. Sounds like someone we should all be a fan of.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > AJ on todays drivers