IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > looking 4-word
9/14/16, 11:45 AM   #1
looking 4-word
flagboy55

Well friends it's less than 2 weeks away till the best weekend in all of motorsport, the 4 crown nationals. I'm thrilled that the ASOC is running Saturday night also, 4 divisions of pure open wheel racing. I am a huge fan of crossover drivers, and trying to think who will be running all 4. Right now all I can think of is the Macho Man Brady Bacon. Possibly Zach Daum, as I think he has a big car ride. Wondering about maybe Hunter Percent, I thought he drove a silver crown at DuQuion, and I he runs both sprint cars, don't know about the midget.
Also I saw that one of my all time favorites took the wing off in California, the "Wild Child" hopefully he does so at the 4 crown too. I'm hoping soon that someone puts his son in some good wingless equipment, as Sheldon is one hell of a talented racer.
Anyway would like to hear your thoughts on the event and who will be driving what

5 members like this post: GYATK94, racegal, ronmil, spicoli, stealth43k
9/15/16, 7:57 AM   #2
Re: looking 4-word
Wizard 05

Race Count This Year: 28

Always one of the best show of the year,, no matter how they change it up.....But HEWITT is still the King of the 4 Crown...Long live the Poet.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, luckybuc97
9/15/16, 11:38 AM   #3
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Well friends it's less than 2 weeks away till the best weekend in all of motorsport, the 4 crown nationals. I'm thrilled that the ASOC is running Saturday night also, 4 divisions of pure open wheel racing. I am a huge fan of crossover drivers, and trying to think who will be running all 4. Right now all I can think of is the Macho Man Brady Bacon. Possibly Zach Daum, as I think he has a big car ride. Wondering about maybe Hunter Percent, I thought he drove a silver crown at DuQuion, and I he runs both sprint cars, don't know about the midget.
Also I saw that one of my all time favorites took the wing off in California, the "Wild Child" hopefully he does so at the 4 crown too. I'm hoping soon that someone puts his son in some good wingless equipment, as Sheldon is one hell of a talented racer.
Anyway would like to hear your thoughts on the event and who will be driving what
Other than Bacon, the 3 guys capable of sweeping are either in NASCAR or "That Big Dirt Track in the Sky"... RIP BC

3 members like this post: Clydesdale, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/15/16, 12:30 PM   #4
4th turn fan

Remember when ????

Some kid named Larson came to the big "E" for the 1st time and won everything he drove ?
Too bad he wasn't driving in the outlaw group.

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/15/16, 4:45 PM   #5
BrentTFunk

Back in the day Steve Butler could have done it

2 members like this post: Jbaldwin, jim goerge
9/15/16, 10:17 PM   #6
flagboy55

I was there when Kyle won 3 divisions. I was there when Jack was the only man on the stage after winning all 4. If someone could do that again, wow!
I can't wait to see it play out again

1 member likes this post: spicoli
9/16/16, 1:42 PM   #7
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I was there when Kyle won 3 divisions. I was there when Jack was the only man on the stage after winning all 4. If someone could do that again, wow!
I can't wait to see it play out again
1998 & 2011.... might have another long wait
Wish I could have been there
I'll be there this time, God willin' & the creek don't rise, first time

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, tirespinner
9/18/16, 2:36 PM   #8
revjimk

OK, I know winged cars are a "no-no" here, but I was wondering since WoO & Allstars will both be there, will they race each other? Or is there another WoO race elsewhere Saturday? Or some stupid rule? or another Allstar race Friday?.... or "have at it boys"!

9/18/16, 2:42 PM   #9
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
OK, I know winged cars are a "no-no" here, but I was wondering since WoO & Allstars will both be there, will they race each other? Or is there another WoO race elsewhere Saturday? Or some stupid rule? or another Allstar race Friday?.... or "have at it boys"!
OK, looked it up (duh..) WoO is in Pa. Saturday, but Allstars are open Friday, I guess some of them will race vs. Outlaws?

9/18/16, 2:42 PM   #10
GYATK94

Race Count This Year: 36
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by revjimk View Post
Winged cars aren't a "no-no" in my book. I'm looking forward to getting the best of both worlds! Anyway, the All stars are off Friday, so I'm sure several of their regulars will be running with WoO (Haud, Blaney, Kemenah etc.) However, the outlaws are running Lernerville Saturday, so none of their regulars will be at Eldora Saturday.

1 member likes this post: Wingman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > looking 4-word