IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Promoters dislike updates?
4/21/14, 4:41 PM   #11
Re: Promoters dislike updates?
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I can personally attest to the fact that edora and lernerville have refunded $$$ on the spot after a rainout (so its not like tracks don't) and rainchecks to be used for admission to future events are fine if you live near by, but in the case of bigger races i. e. usac, kiss, mscs, et al, which draw people from far away, then $$$ needs to be refunded (either with cash at the gate, or by mail) otherwise people will simply stop going to tracks that don't if there's the slightest chance of rain predicted. so wise up promoters if you want butts on your bleachers, and cars in your pits, treat your fans and race teams fairly!

4/21/14, 6:12 PM   #12
Joey Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Updates are OK if you are at Bloomington instead of Gas City, and you are finding out whats going on. If you notice it is always the same people who are not at the track getting updates. Tracks need butts in the seats to survive. Bring a potential sponsor to a track, and the place is half full, and they are not going to waste their money. They will say, why invest here when no one is here.
I'm referring to butts that weren't going to be in the seats to begin with like mine. If there were no live updates I still wouldn't have been there. I doubt anybody would stay home just because they can get a live feed.

I used to be a die hard go to every race have to know everything goin on but now "casual race fan" is more my description. My post was to simply saying hey, there may be some revenue to be generated from fans like me that simply don't care about going to every race anymore but still enjoy the sport.

As far as rainouts I personally don't care, yea it's nice to get a refund but everybody involved is losing money in a rainout scenario especially the promoter, it's a gamble for all parties involved. I'm not going to stay home because I'm worried about a refund, I'm staying home because I've turned into a cupcake and I don't want the inconvenience if it does rainout. I don't mean to offend anybody here but if losing 15, 20, or 30 bucks here and there on rainouts upsets you then racing is probably not the best hobby or sport for you. If it's simply just a matter of principle for you then go on with your badselves.
Last edited by Joey Woods; 4/21/14 at 6:19 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
4/21/14, 11:20 PM   #13
johnnythunderhead
Banned

what you are saying, whether you wish to admit to it or not, is that you are no longer a race fan. I doubt i'll ever subscribe to live feeds, they sputter and stop and go all the time/ and you can't see the whole track all the time like you can being there, so you are missing a lot, you're just seeing what the stingy camera allows you to see, no frig'n way! / and as far as promoters losing $$$ in the case of rainouts, yes they do if it rains out before anyone arrives, but in the case of a speed weeks race, with a pit full of cars and the bleachers are packed, the time trials have been ran but no races have been run when it rains and no refunds are made/ then I'd estimate the promoter is sitting on about $120,000.00 in proceeds from the front gate and back gate and nothing has been paid out of it to race teams, so ka-ching. sure some of the fans and competitors might be able to come back for a rain check date, but many will not be able to, so that's alotsa moola in you know who's pocket amigo's!
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 4/21/14 at 11:34 PM.

4/22/14, 3:16 PM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The sky is always brightest on the horizon of I-84.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, LittleRube, racefan20, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Promoters dislike updates?