IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
darnall (Offline)
  #21 2/15/17 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by cshuman:
MUCH smaller scale, but I told myself I would not run in any WAR races while I owned/operated the series.
Theres a slight difference when the guy who runs the show is the guy who used to stomp all our peepees in the dirt every time he got in one of those Hockett cars... hahaha

Maybe a smaller scale as of today... but I can see in the near future WAR being to USAC what the AllStars are to WOO
3 Likes: oppweld, Simon_says17, TQ29m
cshuman (Offline)
  #22 2/15/17 2:47 PM
Haha, I appreciate the compliment.. it's been fun helping the WAR Series grow and get the exposure we have in the last year. We plan to keep that up in 2017!
8 Likes: erich45, i love dirt track racing, ISF, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, oppweld, Simon_says17, Tom23
cws9 (Offline)
  #23 2/15/17 4:02 PM
Hey Shuman....I think we (MLS) have 3 races in common with WAR this year. Let me know if you want to drive my lightning sprint. First chance would be May 13th.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #24 2/15/17 5:38 PM
Fry doesn't run his own BOSS series but has had people wheel his car.

Also just seen where Kyle Larson is running Smokes 14 tonight.

Charles Nungester
Backitin (Offline)
  #25 2/17/17 10:52 AM
If Tony wants to have some fun he needs to come ride some speedway.
Few years back he came out to a speedway race in N.C. He was enthralled and vowed to give it a try. Suppossedly one of the stipulations in his contract was that he couldn't have any fun. Well theres no more reason He cant come take some laps and experience the best feeling in all of motorsports. I've driven a lot of stuff, nothing comes close to riding speedway.
Dead serious, throw me a pm. We'll have you on a bike, race night or private session don't matter. its a sad racer who never experience's a speedwaybike at least once.
767 (Offline)
  #26 2/18/17 10:29 AM
Contrary to you politically correct people, I believe drivers should work things out. That is one of the reasons why our sport has lost its character. When I grew up if you made a bone headed move, you better hope a tongue lashing is all you received. Like it or not, it put fans in the stands.
6 Likes: Aces&Eights, CRA91, Jtravels, PIT CART, The Old Coyote, trannyman
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #27 2/18/17 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by 767:
Contrary to you politically correct people, I believe drivers should work things out. That is one of the reasons why our sport has lost its character. When I grew up if you made a bone headed move, you better hope a tongue lashing is all you received. Like it or not, it put fans in the stands.
I agree with you, as long as its driver to driver, not family, crew and any other knucklehead along who is there to grab a cheap shot. I don't think extended family and friends should be involved at all, except to make sure things stay fair. I've seen some really ugly stuff happen because it becomes a (family)gang situation, with one rat sneaking around behind with a jack handle or some other instrument. Driver to driver only.
4 Likes: CRA91, Jerry Shaw, sprinter14, The Old Coyote
sttmn (Offline)
  #28 2/18/17 11:12 AM
Yea. Just like the Kevin Ward family situation.
Aces&Eights (Offline)
  #29 2/18/17 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by sttmn:
Yea. Just like the Kevin Ward family situation.
I'm not making the connection?
3 Likes: erich45, leftturnonly, PIT CART
trannyman (Offline)
  #30 2/18/17 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by 767:
I totally agree with the settlement factor.I believe most of this discussion is rather a division/class owner should be participating in what he runs.that opens a different door of how things in general are,or will be handled.