IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #61 12/25/12 11:35 PM
At this rate i would be around 70+ plus sprint car wins and 12 track championships that good enough to make it in the harf hall of fame. So ya i would be good with that. Oh ya ya I am fine with putting around the tires at gas city it pays the bills week in and week out consider we run our car on what it makes I should put a big "me" sticker on the hood paint it black and renumber it 62. From now on all statements and problems with me will be addressed by my manager cshuman feel free to address him from now on. Ahhhhh hahahahah

Ps your welcome bill I always try and give you my best to keep you laughing and smiling. All the others can take it or leave it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #62 12/26/12 12:01 AM
This thread is much more entertaining than all of those old re-run X-Mas shows!
awon24 (Offline)
  #63 12/26/12 12:28 AM
So who's driving the old equipment next year?
racefan20 (Offline)
  #64 12/26/12 7:54 AM
Originally Posted by racegal:
I wonder when the race will be? What time is it in New Zealand? Does anyone know? Thanks!
Rained out

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
racegal (Offline)
  #65 12/26/12 9:38 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Rained out
OMG!! Well, thank you!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
Gene Franckowiak (Offline)
  #66 12/26/12 9:56 AM
If anyone wonders why there is a shortage of car owners and sponsors......all one would have to do is read a couple of message boards. Some of the people on the boards, not just this one, who claim to be fans, supporters, and lovers of the sport do more to discourage owners, drivers, and sponsors than the economy and the cost of racing. Paul Hazen does the best with what he has and I am sure he works very hard and makes many sacrifices to field a car......he should be respected....not disrespected.
33 Likes: bigq11, Bill Angel, boomer, Eldora Three, GregD, HurstBros0, jdull99, jjsprt92, Joe Kidd, Jrp4554, K9Racer, koolaid89, Morgan7m, mowerman, mtek56, nedra_bahler_835@com, PAW, PJ Wright, racingirl, robert gatten, ronmil, sc17x, SHORTBUS, speed bump, SpfldMile, SprintcarZF, SprintManDave, stanfan, Steve, Tom23, wallbanger II
3Cfan (Offline)
  #67 12/26/12 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
I agree with Gene, here. Although the battle for the win that almost always comes down to the same handful of drivers, driving for the race teams we're all used to seeing run up front, is what makes the show. The middle of the pack, stocked with guys who live to fight the good fight, is and always has been the lifeblood of the sprint car scene in this state. My uncle raced for many years for the love of the sport and I think you would be hard pressed to find a family that has proven their love for sprint car racing more than the Gentrys have. Or the Carmichaels. Or the Beseckers. Or the Spencers. Etc, etc.

I hope we never get to the day that the prevailing attitude among drivers that know they don't have the motor to win a given race, is to not even bother showing up. Without teams like these signing into the pits, the racing scene would have folded in this state, a long time ago.

Jerry
Add to those families, Jerry, the Cummins family. Mark is going on 30 years as a former driver and owner. Kyle, learning from his dad has been just as successful. Competitive, yet underfunded, they will be there for the love of the sport.
5 Likes: K9Racer, ronmil, speed bump, SprintcarZF
dirtflinger (Offline)
  #68 12/26/12 11:55 AM
Isn't this thread supposed to be about Dave Darland? Now it's kind of about Billy what a huge upset.

Posted via Mobile Device
bigmojo5
  #69 12/26/12 12:28 PM
"So who's driving the old equipment next year? "

A majority of the drivers at any race track.
k41l (Offline)
  #70 12/26/12 1:16 PM
You guys can't possibly think the Hazen 57 is of the same caliber as the 21x car, walker 11, Stewart 20. I think that was the only point Billy was trying to make. Not bashing Paul just stating what should be obvious.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: fish, Hotshoe65s
Closed Thread