IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Isw
7/6/09, 4:55 PM   #1
Isw
spade

Just wanted to pass along to all of you who are heading out to The Greatest Show on Dirt AKA as Indiana Sprint Week. Driving smart, staying alert and driving defensively will go a long way in getting you there and back home. It seems the attitude of folks today is "me first" and "I want up there in front of you now". Fortunately I am retired and not on the highway 6 days a week, 80,000 miles a year as in the past or I would be arrested for road rage with what I see. Please, one and all be safe.

4 members like this post: Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, SHORTBUS, SPRINTCAR
7/6/09, 7:07 PM   #2
Re: Isw
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
Just wanted to pass along to all of you who are heading out to The Greatest Show on Dirt AKA as Indiana Sprint Week. Driving smart, staying alert and driving defensively will go a long way in getting you there and back home. It seems the attitude of folks today is "me first" and "I want up there in front of you now". Fortunately I am retired and not on the highway 6 days a week, 80,000 miles a year as in the past or I would be arrested for road rage with what I see. Please, one and all be safe.
Take it from someone who is on the road everyday. This is great advice. Way too many people in a hurry and distracted by talking on the cell phone, putting on make up, reading the newspaper, reloading their gun, or just being clueless. Defensive driving shouldn't take a day off. Drive like your life depends on it, because it does.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Isw