IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISF (Offline)
  #11 7/9/13 3:24 PM
We came down from North Central Illinois (dirt late model territory). Our drive time to Belle-Claire is around 3 hrs. 20 min. one way. We were certainly glad we chose to drive the 6 hrs. and 40 min. for the Saturday evening show. It had everything we want in a show. Great action on a well prepared track, well kept facilities, just 1 support class of good quality and the show moved along at a brisk pace even with just the right amount of attention given to the racing surface during the short down times. All that and we also got to set with and visit with some good folks we know from out West.

Following Saturday nights show the only disappointment we had was that we weren't able to attend both nights. We will make attending both dates a priority next year.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
sw1911 (Offline)
  #12 7/9/13 9:19 PM
Originally Posted by Indy1808:
Unfortunately, I also heard of another situation similar to this happening. Just a note to the powers to be, these types of things will turn away fans faster than ever. I see no reason you wouldn't want to reward the LOYAL fans that have come from so far away to your 2day event and spend their hard earned money, to not be allowed to leave their blankets/tarps/plastic or whatever to get their same seat back. I would NEVER move someones stuff to take their seat! That's a lot of whats wrong with the America today, NO RESPECT and as you have read, it is across ALL age groups. For shame on you people!
Anyway, I was very happy to have attended this event as others have said before me, it was very organized & well run. Being old school, I was especially impressed with the quick action taken by personel to jump onto thetrack immeadiately when the cloudburst happened saving the surface or I'm sure it would have been washed out for the night. Giant Thumbs up to all involved!!!
I will say, my original plans were to go to the Sheldon Kinser & Amati classic. Although I greatly missed seeing those 2 races perhaps they won't fall on the same dates next year. Having seen this event though, if they do it looks as though I will miss them again. No Regrets!
This is a fascinating issue. It reminds me of my trip to Terre Haute last year when I put my seat cushion on an end seat and went to the restroom. When I came back two distinguished sprint car experts had put my cushion on the floor and sat on my seat and the seat next to it! What's a mother to do?

Moving on, the real solution is reserved seats. You would not do that stuff in the reserved section at Tri State.

I understand marking a seat on day of race and expecting that you can leave and come back and get your spot. That is what I expected at THAT. But trying to reserve a nonreserved seat overnight when you did not pay for a reserved seat is going too far. If you did not buy a reserved seat, you do not own that seat the next day.
AB Racing (Offline)
  #13 7/9/13 9:50 PM
I was only playing by the rules I was told by three different people that where running the show. When I can I buy reserve seats. I have season ticket at TSS for my hole family and spend $85 for my four year old at smackdown when he could get in free!! Rules are rules where I come from and I play by them.

Posted via Mobile Device
rclaridge (Offline)
  #14 7/9/13 9:58 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
This is a fascinating issue. It reminds me of my trip to Terre Haute last year when I put my seat cushion on an end seat and went to the restroom. When I came back two distinguished sprint car experts had put my cushion on the floor and sat on my seat and the seat next to it! What's a mother to do?

Moving on, the real solution is reserved seats. You would not do that stuff in the reserved section at Tri State.

I understand marking a seat on day of race and expecting that you can leave and come back and get your spot. That is what I expected at THAT. But trying to reserve a nonreserved seat overnight when you did not pay for a reserved seat is going too far. If you did not buy a reserved seat, you doot own that seat the next day.
I have to disagree,we were told by track management that it was ok to leave our, blanks down for Sat night!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device