IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Western World
11/13/19, 12:32 PM   #1
Western World
Eric Smith

Has anyone been? Since Michigan already has a winter's worth of snow on the ground, it was 7 degrees last night, and I don't have school Friday, I'm thinking about flying out there Friday morning for the weekend. Before I pull the trigger, I'm looking for others' experiences. Track, racing, area, accommodations, things to do during the day, car counts, etc. Should I go?

3 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, wallbanger II
11/13/19, 2:02 PM   #2
jdeuel87

Racey track
National championship to be decided
National sprints and midgets
Temp 83 degrees and 0 chance of rain
Good guys national hotrod show at Westworld all weekend
I can go on but it already sounds like a no brainer to sttend

2 members like this post: duel, TNRustler
11/13/19, 2:08 PM   #3
Re: Western World
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
Has anyone been? Since Michigan already has a winter's worth of snow on the ground, it was 7 degrees last night, and I don't have school Friday, I'm thinking about flying out there Friday morning for the weekend. Before I pull the trigger, I'm looking for others' experiences. Track, racing, area, accommodations, things to do during the day, car counts, etc. Should I go?
Eric,

It's a no brainer to me!!! The month's worth of snow and 7 degrees is reason enough for me!!! We are currently in Scottsdale where it is a little cool at 75 degrees and the forecast for Friday and Saturday is Friday a high of 83 and a low of 57 and Saturday is a high of 83 and a low of 57. Bring two sweatshirts for the evenings and shorts for the day!!!!

The track is decent, the stands are bleachers and get there early, the racing is usually good, the area is nice and accommoadations are plentiful, there are numerous things to do doing the day and the car counts should be good in both divisions.

What more do you need?? Pack your bag and get out here!!!!

Bruce Eckel

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Western World