IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Saturday
6/25/17, 2:56 PM   #91
Re: Brownstown Saturday
smith19

this happened directly in front of me...Thomas got pushed off 4 (funny that's the guilty party's #) until he just lost it. I knew he was going to get clobbered sitting in the middle of the track with hammers down coming for the checkered...

6/25/17, 3:24 PM   #92
kingpin

Cars can be replaced! Thank god Tyler and Dakota are ok!!! These drivers put themselves in danger every time they strap in but they love this sport and what they do.
Just my opinion some of the track promoters do not give a crap about the safety of the drivers. I know it was a long night but 10 minutes with the water truck on the outside of track would've made this track safer. These guys need to be able to see what's going on in front of them.
And for the guy who bumped Dakota and got in his face and the push truck drivers face obviously was too drunk to know what was going on. Tyler got out of his car to see if Dakota was ok they talked and were we're good Tyler knew Dakota had no where to go but we're lucky they are both ok.

Robert Jackson

6/25/17, 3:33 PM   #93
captrat

Too many classes, too much dust, great old nostalgic fairgrounds. Too many people who apparently think a beautiful natural setting is a great place to leave their trash.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, Rpracing1
6/25/17, 4:38 PM   #94
BrandX

I am from IL. For everyone b-ing about this or that how about realizing you have some of the best racing in the country right out your back door. Then be thankful the people who bust there a** weekly to put on a show for you guys continue to do it under constant scrutiny.
The racing on the track was great!!!

6/25/17, 4:38 PM   #95
Nate

Question about last night's MSCS feature finish.

Can someone explain to me how Tyler Thomas and Dakota Jackson finished 17th and 18th respectively? I was sitting towards four so I don't know where Tyler stopped at but I would have to think Jackson ended up past the start/finish line and they were both inside the top 10 coming to the checkers. Or did neither of them make it to the line?

6/25/17, 4:47 PM   #96
BrandX

Short was taking the checkered just behind them so they had not officially taken the checkered flag

6/25/17, 4:53 PM   #97
BrandX

The way I would have to imagine it goes is I believe short was the only one who took the flag. So they go back to the last completed lap from their back and put the two involved in the crash on the tail end of that lap

6/25/17, 6:01 PM   #98
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Also, not sure the deal w B town fans , but I saw three different people sleeping in their running cars while features were running. I didn't think Racing was that bad?

The announcer said Brownstown is Indiana's premier dirt track. I'll have to check my Funk & Wagnall's to see if premier means dusty.
Amen to what Jim Goerge said about the track not being handicapped accessible. The steps created lots of problems for Jim's walker. Also, there are no handrails in the aisles. That wouldn't be a difficult problem to correct. Tom Helfrich installed hand rails in all the aisles at Tri-State Speedway since the season began this year. The fair board, or whomever is in charge at Brownstown, should visit Haubstadt and take a look at them.
While I am in a complaining mode, it seems to me the track lighting needs to be updated. It is especially bad in the turns.
I won't say I won't be back, but the track conditions and the length of the program made for less than a stellar racing experience.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Rpracing1, treecitytornado, WinglessLovers
6/25/17, 11:06 PM   #99
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Well, we have found a lot of things to criticize and rightly so, but I think there were some things to commend as well. When it was time to go racing, they went, and with a large contingent of cars, that was appreciated.
PA was good......when engines were quiet. I thought the recovery operation was great. I know they had some help from the excellent Lawrenceburg crew, but regardless, the locals did their jobs well...and quickly. That is an area where many tracks need vast improvement
Maybe we should be a bit less critical of the track work given the weather situation. We could have lost the whole weekend.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, dshort36, jim goerge, koolaid89
6/25/17, 11:21 PM   #100
Chief29

I dozed off in the line up shoot twice.... lol

3 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Saturday