IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown
8/22/14, 1:24 AM   #81
Re: smackdown
agar

Race Count Last Year: 14

Those Thundercar Teams paid for a PitPass just like the Sprintcar Teams I understand Most people were there for Sprints but if you are going to say the pass is only good for Saturdays first show then you have to allow them to race just my 2 cents

4 members like this post: cwfan08, Nate, Redwood17257, Spi-nex
8/22/14, 1:32 AM   #82
jjones776

They had around 2" of rain so that makes it hard to get on the track. Tractors are usually the first vehicles you would use to get around a muddy track because they won't rut it up as bad as a truck. I feel like they did what it took to give it a good shot.

8/22/14, 7:58 AM   #83
scottfor410

I would hope they honor my Thur. wrist band for another event this year. Not everyone can make it back for the makeup show. Not ********.....just saying.

8/22/14, 8:37 AM   #84
rclaridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfor410 View Post
I would hope they honor my Thur. wrist band for another event this year. Not everyone can make it back for the makeup show. Not ********.....just saying.
From the way it looks I dont think it will matter, we'll be lucky if the whole weekend isn't a washout

1 member likes this post: Photochick
8/22/14, 8:43 AM   #85
dustbowl

Yep with a 50/50 chance of scattered rain the rest of the weekend they should just appease all the "fans" on iow and cancel now

8/22/14, 9:23 AM   #86
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbowl View Post
Yep with a 50/50 chance of scattered rain the rest of the weekend they should just appease all the "fans" on iow and cancel now
Hey, this is a high anticipated event (and that's probably an understatement). For whatever reason, when people don't get to see events like this, they're going to be frustrated. Some of those people are going to vent or complain. That's just human nature. Don't blame IOW for that. All IOW does is provide them an avenue to communicate.The same as it provides them a venue to also rave about the great race they just saw.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/22/14 at 9:24 AM.

8/22/14, 11:24 AM   #87
Hamby812

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracefan123 View Post
When the owner was asked about the options if you can't make it to Saturday's continuation we were asked why we even bothered buying a ticket tonite ...way to make the fans feel welcome
We just had the same response you did to a different set of circumstances. We just went by the track to check out the conditions. The pit gates were open and we followed a car into the pits. Staying on the main path(and leaving no tracks) we went through the pits and turned around. As we were heading out they had the water truck hooking up to a rig to pull it out. We stopped to stay out of the way. We were greeted with a what the fuc* are you doing? Get the fuc* out. What do you need back here? Can't you se we have a fuc*ing mess. We calmly replied with we are just checking out the grounds to see the conditions. We then got a response of well we got a fuc*ing mess and you are making it worse. What the fuc* do you need? You seen the fuc*ing mess get out and I'll lock the gate.
All that being said my truck left no ruts or even tracks on what little gravel there is in the pits. We didn't worsen the condition in any way. If they didn't want anyone back there close the gates. At the least treat your customers who keep your gates open with a little respect. He could have simply said we don't want traffic trough the pits could you please leave. I understand they are having a stressful weekend but at some point professionalism needs to come in. We weren't the only ones there hopefully the others didn't have the same rudeness we did.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, newracefan123, ronmil, Task Force
8/22/14, 12:35 PM   #88
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6

So in essence, you trespassed and got chewed. Not trying to play a better man here as I'd of probably tried to check it out too.

That I can somewhat understand, However if they are getting rude or cussing over the policy, That I don't unless the fan was getting out of line in his questioning.

A simple, Our policy is on our website and ticket booth. Sorry, No Refunds and thats all that needs to be said.

I know they do everything they can to run there and the racing is often second to none. Sometimes however smiling faces and pleasant service goes much further than any product offered..

Only one I've met in Person is Reece and he's a stand up guy and darn hard worker.
Chuck
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/22/14 at 12:40 PM.

8/22/14, 12:46 PM   #89
newracefan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
So in essence, you trespassed and got chewed. Not trying to play a better man here as I'd of probably tried to check it out too.

That I can somewhat understand, However if they are getting rude or cussing over the policy, That I don't unless the fan was getting out of line in his questioning.

A simple, Our policy is on our website and ticket booth. Sorry, No Refunds and thats all that needs to be said.
Wasn't looking for a refund most tracks allow you to use ticket at a race for a later date and time. A simple question was asked and he was disrespectful that's the point regardless if there is a policy on the website you don't treat fans/or paying customers however you want to put it that way I'm sure he doesn't talk to his mother like that .

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
8/22/14, 12:56 PM   #90
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracefan123 View Post
Wasn't looking for a refund most tracks allow you to use ticket at a race for a later date and time. A simple question was asked and he was disrespectful that's the point regardless if there is a policy on the website you don't treat fans/or paying customers however you want to put it that way I'm sure he doesn't talk to his mother like that .
Friend, I get exactly what your saying. I stayed away from another central Indiana Track that beings with a B after it rained after the first heat for over ten years because a promoter was cussing a guy from Arizona asking for half a refund when All Stars rescheduled four months away. I didn't even bother to ask after witnessing that. I still remember that night as if it was yesterday but it was probably '92 as we left the track and there was a fair going on in downtown Bloomington so me and the Ex Fiance spent a hour or more salvaging the 5hr round trip somewhat but were stlll out the $40 plus concessions and even if I could have made the Sept make up date. I wouldn't have. Think I didn't return till about '06-07 and now there is a totally different promoter.

Im sure the Promoter isn't have a good day either, Best thing they can do however is get in the office and lock the door
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/22/14 at 12:57 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > smackdown