IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps
8/13/12, 1:44 PM   #1
Lps
wolfracer69

dear joe spiker please fix turns 3&4 not complaining just would like to see the best raceing on the track and no one getting hurt, and before any one gets mad i am there every week love the track and joe has done great after DA ran it in the ground so i am just wanting the best for the track.

8/13/12, 2:18 PM   #2
Re: Lps
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
dear joe spiker please fix turns 3&4 not complaining just would like to see the best raceing on the track and no one getting hurt, and before any one gets mad i am there every week love the track and joe has done great after DA ran it in the ground so i am just wanting the best for the track.
Speaking of DA did anyone else see him struttng around like he owned the place Saturday nite?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

8/13/12, 2:28 PM   #3
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Speaking of DA did anyone else see him struttng around like he owned the place Saturday nite?
He does own the place. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/12, 3:19 PM   #4
wannaracebad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfracer69 View Post
I try not to be a complainer either but I just don't know what could have changed so much from excellent track week one threw five and downhill since. This weekend would have been really racey if three would have not got the jump again. Not a doubt in my mind Lps is doing the very best which is alot better than i or 99% of the people on here could do but we also dont run race tracks, something has to give. Unforunatly for everyone involved it already has. Car counts, stands both down. Not good for anyone. Don't know what to do to help but do know I am getting tired of prepping their mud hole with my life savings. If there is 20 cars on the track, that's at least a half a million dollars trying to do something they are not meant to do. They have the tires for wheel pack but are way to light to pack in tight enough to hold track together and should be used only as a final packing tool. Sorry if my opinion angers you but I really don't care. Love Lps hope Something clicks back to beginning of year soon for them

Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/12, 5:10 PM   #5
19racer

I think far as car counts down fans are down is there out of money and school starts in a week for most. Jmo racing 2,3 night a week didn't help matters any and didnt work for most drivers unless they are big shows, then it's even a risk. Also jmo like sprint week I would've just ran that night and took the sat off.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/13/12, 10:48 PM   #6
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaracebad View Post
I try not to be a complainer either but I just don't know what could have changed so much from excellent track week one threw five and downhill since. This weekend would have been really racey if three would have not got the jump again. Not a doubt in my mind Lps is doing the very best which is alot better than i or 99% of the people on here could do but we also dont run race tracks, something has to give. Unforunatly for everyone involved it already has. Car counts, stands both down. Not good for anyone. Don't know what to do to help but do know I am getting tired of prepping their mud hole with my life savings. If there is 20 cars on the track, that's at least a half a million dollars trying to do something they are not meant to do. They have the tires for wheel pack but are way to light to pack in tight enough to hold track together and should be used only as a final packing tool. Sorry if my opinion angers you but I really don't care. Love Lps hope Something clicks back to beginning of year soon for them

Posted via Mobile Device
I wasn't there last Saturday night, but if you look at weeks 1-5 and the track was excellent then downhill since, I believe I have your answer. It is called a drought and this summer has been the driest on record for over 50 years. With a very mild winter and little if any rain during May, June & July, the track hasn't had enough moisture to sustain the amount of racing that LPS has had. You have to remember that Joe tried to run twice a week for a while plus added in a Summer Nationals show as well.

Other tracks have had some issues as well but haven't tried to run as many shows as LPS has. At one point Central Indiana was running over a 10 inch deficit with little relief in sight. I applaud all of the track owners, promoters, crews, etc.....for a great summer of racing under the most adverse conditions possible. No complains on this end no matter where we have been.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

8/14/12, 7:58 AM   #7
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

WHAT HOLE YOU TALKING ABOUT.....HERE IS KENNY CARMICHAEL SR GETTING SOME AIR..PICTURE BY CAREY FOX

8/14/12, 9:26 AM   #8
dirtguy34

The FOXCO car drove right through it for the win!!

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
8/14/12, 9:39 AM   #9
racefan20

Just a few weeks ago werent the support class drivers complaining that the track was too smooth and they were prepping for the sprint cars. It reminds me of the 3 bears and the pooridge. Guess you cant please anyone these days. I thought the track was racy and really the crowd wasnt that bad. JMHO.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: Dannypollock24, fish, jim goerge, koolaid89, Racer12, SHORTBUS
8/14/12, 9:43 AM   #10
4wheelsinthekoosh

I spent a few laps up there. And it turned out well for Steve, Brad, and I. I just hope that no one wants to go up there this weekend. It was a huge hole but you had to know how to get through it. I would put my money on spiker and it not being there this coming weekend.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by 4wheelsinthekoosh; 8/14/12 at 9:45 AM.

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lps