IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug. 18th Dick Gaines Memorial $3000/$300
8/16/12, 8:08 PM   #31
wannaracebad

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
No one is qualitying to my knowledge. I know that rutnamville is not. And you run there all the time. Hot laps just gives everyone a chance to see where they stand so they can adjust for heats. Most do a pill draw and it gives everyone the same chance period. Sorry Brian you got in a wreck and that sucks. And unfortunally that happens. And alot of people wreck and not just at Lawrenceburg.
Last time I was at Kokomo they did group qualifying during hot laps and I thought it was a really good deal. I dont know about other tracks but at this point and time group qualifying at putnamville would be disastrous and hot laps does no good there.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by wannaracebad; 8/16/12 at 8:09 PM.

1 member likes this post: Buster51
8/17/12, 7:42 AM   #32
Re: Aug. 18th Dick Gaines Memorial $3000/$300
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

One more day!! Come out and celebrate a great with us. The Dick Gaines Memorial Race!! Indiana's largest sprint purse this weekend!! Perfect weather!! and the best sprint car teams in the world!! and don't forget to bring something for the pets, to donate and maybe win a Kroger gift card. Thanks everyone for your help.
www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
8/17/12, 10:03 AM   #33
brian2h

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindirt View Post
No one is qualitying to my knowledge. I know that rutnamville is not. And you run there all the time. Hot laps just gives everyone a chance to see where they stand so they can adjust for heats. Most do a pill draw and it gives everyone the same chance period. Sorry Brian you got in a wreck and that sucks. And unfortunally that happens. And alot of people wreck and not just at Lawrenceburg.
i wasnt trying to beat up on the burg.loved the new fast track! and i do run lps some but not alot if they qualified i would run there alot more.its also only 15 min. from home but if the burg would make good use of the equipment they already have and qualify then i would spend the 200 more dollars in fuel it takes to get there and buy pit passes i trade pit passes at lps for signs so it dosnt cost me much to run there. but if u dont let promoters no what u want there never gonna change.

---------- Post added at 9:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I like Qualifying if a decent invert is made. However, I see no reason given sufficient number of laps (8) plus one per car that a rear starter can't advance. Its when they try to win it in the first lap that all the damage happens.
yes 4 to 6 car invert is what i would want. how often does a car starting 8th win a heat? i win alot of races so i think i no how its done. but when u start me in the back of a heat and how u finish is were u start in the feature u force me to be more aggresive. well isnt that what the fans wanna c? fine than dont ***** were there is to many yellows. and car counts suffer bacause we cant afford repairs. one lap per car? how many races have u watched and seen a driver start in the back pass 15 cars end up in the top five and then said man he was flyin if he would have started up front he would have won. well u can thank the draw and tracks that r not racy in the heats! im just saying that qualifying is the only fair way to start the night period!!! and if u dont agree with that than ur slow or a fan not paying the repair bills

5 members like this post: Amzie, FishBurger, Gregg, nonwing77, RATHER B RACING
8/17/12, 11:16 AM   #34
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian2h View Post
i wasnt trying to beat up on the burg.loved the new fast track! and i do run lps some but not alot if they qualified i would run there alot more.its also only 15 min. from home but if the burg would make good use of the equipment they already have and qualify then i would spend the 200 more dollars in fuel it takes to get there and buy pit passes i trade pit passes at lps for signs so it dosnt cost me much to run there. but if u dont let promoters no what u want there never gonna change.

---------- Post added at 9:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:49 AM ----------

yes 4 to 6 car invert is what i would want. how often does a car starting 8th win a heat? i win alot of races so i think i no how its done. but when u start me in the back of a heat and how u finish is were u start in the feature u force me to be more aggresive. well isnt that what the fans wanna c? fine than dont ***** were there is to many yellows. and car counts suffer bacause we cant afford repairs. one lap per car? how many races have u watched and seen a driver start in the back pass 15 cars end up in the top five and then said man he was flyin if he would have started up front he would have won. well u can thank the draw and tracks that r not racy in the heats! im just saying that qualifying is the only fair way to start the night period!!! and if u dont agree with that than ur slow or a fan not paying the repair bills
No, Im not paying your bills Brain, However, I wonder if you'd of got the pole in the draw, Would you still have the complaint?

Nothing wrong with Qualifying if the format is racy.
Chuck

8/17/12, 2:09 PM   #35
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Yes, I deleted several posts. I'm tired of all the track vs. track BS!

2 good payouts... 2 well deserving teams will walk away with $3,000. It's good for racers!

Good luck! I hope you guys have good racing!
Thanks Billing rid of those posts That stuff gets so old I love all the tracks just like the one I;m at that night better

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Sorry suposse to be Bill

8/17/12, 6:48 PM   #36
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Brian, Point taken, Thanks.
This post was about the Dick Gaines Memorial...sorry it got off track...it usually does here.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and support a race or two.
Thanks to each and everyone of you for being fans of this great sport!!

---------- Post added at 5:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:32 PM ----------

Alot of campers already in the gate!! Its a EVENT!!

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
8/17/12, 8:59 PM   #37
RichH

There will be 80-100 members and guests of BARC[Buckeye Autorace Fan Club] in attendance, celebrating the clubs 60th anniversary.

2 members like this post: Dave Rudisell, SprintManDave
8/17/12, 9:35 PM   #38
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
There will be 80-100 members and guests of BARC[Buckeye Autorace Fan Club] in attendance, celebrating the clubs 60th anniversary.
Your shelter is ready to go!! Thanks for 60 great years!! And thanks for all you do for racing!!
see ya tomorrow.

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
8/18/12, 11:41 AM   #39
robert gatten

chad boespflug will be back as a hired gun in the 17 car. also shirts on sale to help fund his CA trip where he has been asked to run 6 races in 10 days.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, mtek56, SprintManDave, TeamCGR
8/18/12, 1:51 PM   #40
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
One more day!! Come out and celebrate a great with us. The Dick Gaines Memorial Race!! Indiana's largest sprint purse this weekend!! Perfect weather!! and the best sprint car teams in the world!! and don't forget to bring something for the pets, to donate and maybe win a Kroger gift card. Thanks everyone for your help.
www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com
will we see the iceman and the madman at the burg tonight!!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Aug. 18th Dick Gaines Memorial $3000/$300