IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt
9/6/20, 6:52 PM   #1
Haubstadt
boomer

Where can a guy find updates tonight..... Can’t make it to all of them dang it.

9/6/20, 7:20 PM   #2
openwheelfan1

MSCS does post on Facebook if you have that.

20 sprint cars signed in, 3 groups, so 3 heats.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97
9/6/20, 7:39 PM   #3
boomer

Thanks!!!!

9/6/20, 10:27 PM   #4
Re: Haubstadt
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Feature;
Cummins
Stockon
Rodgers
Jackson
Aitken

5 members like this post: jim goerge, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, TNRustler
9/6/20, 10:28 PM   #5
cl124

Cummins wins. No surprise. I know guys have got to start somewhere but there should be a minimum lap time for the feature. One someone’s gonna get hurt due to the extreme speed difference. Two absolutely ruins a good race. Anytime a two way battle started to happen. A 5 second a lap slower car was in the way.

1 member likes this post: TNRustler
9/7/20, 12:00 AM   #6
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
Cummins wins. No surprise. I know guys have got to start somewhere but there should be a minimum lap time for the feature. One someone’s gonna get hurt due to the extreme speed difference. Two absolutely ruins a good race. Anytime a two way battle started to happen. A 5 second a lap slower car was in the way.
Maybe the slower guys can run at your track?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, spicoli
9/7/20, 2:27 AM   #7
Jerry Shaw

This race didn't have to be a great race. It didn't have a big car count. Quite a few of the big national stars were taking the night off and weren't in the pits. But I've learned by years of watching this sport, to not make assumptions. The moment you think you know about everything, you get reminded that you don't.

Kyle Cummins started on the front row and conventional wisdom says that he's just going immediately jump to the lead and go wire-to-wire. But Garrett Aitken had different ideas and grabbed the early lead. He even had a respectable-sized lead for a few laps. But soon enough, Kyle would reel him back in, take his lead away and vanish off into another dimension, as he often does, like the Delorean in Back to the Future. At that point I made what turned out to be a smart decision. I quit watching Kyle. Immediately, a race for second between Aitken and Chase Stockon broke out. Then another even better one, with Aitken and Jadon Rogers for third. And this set the stage for the slugfest that would end up being the single biggest highlight of the race. The somewhere between 20 and 25 lap fight for the runner up position, between Stockon and Rogers. Every lap this was a great battle. Chase running higher on the track and Jadon backing it into turns 1 and 3 and then cutting a diagonal path to exit 2 and 4, at the bottom of the track. And just like Friday night, Chase was both fast and so in control that it looked like he was taking a Sunday drive through the country. But, as fast as he was, lap after lap, he just couldn't shed Rogers. There were several times when they encountered groups of much slower lapped traffic and Chase would get in and out of the situation better, but Rogers would also clear it and then come charging back. There were one, maybe more laps that Rogers would slide up out of turn 4, looking like he may have crossed the line ahead of Chase. By the time they were headed towards the first turn, Chase would take his spot back, though. And this continued all the way till the checkered flag was waving. It was as intense and sustained of a battle as I've seen all year. A hard-fought, tough and clean fight. Chase outraced Jadon tonight. But if he had slipped up at all, he probably wouldn't have. And Kyle, remember him? He lapped most of the field on his way to yet another Tri-State Speedway victory. He's become pretty much unbeatable there. And he ain't too bad at Kokomo, either.

When I watch a race at a place like Haubstadt that has bench seats, I sit further back on the bench and lean forward, with the heels of my palms resting on the front edge of the bench. That also allows me to move around a little more as the race unfolds. On the way home, probably about the time I got to Princeton and had a few moments to decompress, I noticed that both of my sides were sore and the heels of my palms felt like they had been scuffed. When that happens, I always know I've just seen a great race.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 9/7/20 at 3:45 AM.

9/7/20, 4:35 AM   #8
Hubie

great post Jerry

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, mc/rider, TNRustler
9/7/20, 7:48 AM   #9
Rpracing1

I , like Jerry, get great excitement out of watching Kyle do his thing, but will say that I was focused on the Aitken Stockon Rogers battles all night also.

May be time for me to organize a Kyle bounty to see if anyone got the nads to steal it.
Last edited by Rpracing1; 9/7/20 at 7:50 AM.

3 members like this post: coachmeece, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
9/7/20, 10:58 AM   #10
jim goerge

I was like you 2 guys , from 2nd place back to I think 6th with Critter and Dakota joining in to the battle, all I could do was hang my mouth open and keep telling my self HOLY SH#T !!!! LOL
Last edited by jim goerge; 9/7/20 at 11:04 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Haubstadt