IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
staggerman (Offline)
  #1 12/4/10 12:47 AM
Interesting post on the TSR Twitter, must be from the banquet tonight

http://twitter.com/tonystewart_rcg

USAC National Sprint Car Series schedule will be all dirt events in 2011... 37 events ... season finale at Perris Auto Speedway.

I think this is going to make an interesting 2011 if this is true. I wonder how many guys might make a run at a championship with now not having to finance a pavement deal. Should be interesting.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #2 12/4/10 1:39 AM
It seems as if lately their attitude is why be unique, when we can be like everyone else. If it is only 37 shows, there are going to be some great local and MSCS fields that's for sure.
cdimaging (Offline)
  #3 12/4/10 2:06 AM
looks like im gonna make the trek to turkey night and perris next year
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #4 12/4/10 2:34 AM
Just checked last years schedule and there were 38 dirt races and 7 pavement shows.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
oljonesy (Offline)
  #5 12/4/10 3:49 AM
can see the same stuff at any local joint. pavement changes that fact. yall remember when usac wouldn't run under a half mile? where is the distinction?
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #6 12/4/10 8:16 AM
I wonder what effect this will have on The Lil 500?
Dwayne (Offline)
  #7 12/4/10 8:31 AM
Originally Posted by Dyno Don:
I wonder what effect this will have on The Lil 500?
I look for the Little 500 to sprout wings in a couple of years.
tjcain58 (Offline)
  #8 12/4/10 8:41 AM
There was only 11 teams that ran both (at the most) and that happend one time. The other races were under 10.
Posted via Mobile Device
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #9 12/4/10 9:26 AM
Originally Posted by Dwayne:
I look for the Little 500 to sprout wings in a couple of years.
I sure hope not. If it does I will have to find something else to do that night. Never been to the night before the 500 at Irp.
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #10 12/4/10 9:34 AM
It may have made them unique, but it's what might have made them extinct! It's near impossible to run both surfaces anymore. Why try to force the issue when it clearly was not successful? Let some pavement series
form or maybe USAC can form a pavement division separate from the dirt.
Posted via Mobile Device