IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Cancelled
10/11/14, 8:39 AM   #1
Brownstown Cancelled
chastaj

I just showed up at Brownstown to be told the event was cancelled due to "a death investigation"???

10/11/14, 9:01 AM   #2
thebus79h

Reading on facebool from multiple people a guy hung himself in one of the cattle barns.

10/11/14, 9:02 AM   #3
1021gpa

heard a man hung himself in cattle barn lastnight

10/12/14, 1:12 AM   #4
Re: Brownstown Cancelled
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1021gpa View Post
heard a man hung himself in cattle barn last night
Yep. It's on the 4m website as well. Also heard it was a possible suicide and possible they may have found a woman dead in a camper. Not sure how true this is. Just what I have heard.

10/12/14, 10:04 AM   #5
lazyifoto

I just hope this didn't have anything to do with all the talk about traction control!

2 members like this post: DAD, JakeCroxton
10/12/14, 11:06 AM   #6
racephoto1

I was there Saturday while they were investigating the second death. Real bad deal for the promoter and auto racing in general. These two separate incidents destroyed Brownstown's biggest racing event of the year. That's a bad deal for the promoter.

As for auto racing, it doesn't need black eyes like these. I saw that Mike Miller won the BOSS title, and I saw Kyle Cummins get crowned the MSCS champion. Two finer people you'll never meet. Problem is the media will never mention these two drivers, but they pound the sport of auto racing to death over what happened at Brownstown. Media isn't the friend it once was to auto racing, and this won't help at all.

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Panama, racerjim2
10/12/14, 11:24 AM   #7
lazyifoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
I was there Saturday while they were investigating the second death. Real bad deal for the promoter and auto racing in general. These two separate incidents destroyed Brownstown's biggest racing event of the year. That's a bad deal for the promoter.

As for auto racing, it doesn't need black eyes like these. I saw that Mike Miller won the BOSS title, and I saw Kyle Cummins get crowned the MSCS champion. Two finer people you'll never meet. Problem is the media will never mention these two drivers, but they pound the sport of auto racing to death over what happened at Brownstown. Media isn't the friend it once was to auto racing, and this won't help at all.
Do you really think these two incidents are not related? I would have thought there would be some connection to the two....

10/12/14, 11:32 AM   #8
racephoto1

As of when I left the track yesterday , I was informed they weren't. It could be different today. That's all I've got to say, I'm not going to feed the rumor mill any more.

10/12/14, 11:47 AM   #9
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

The two incidents are unrelated.

Thats all I can speak of on the matter.

1 member likes this post: fish
10/12/14, 12:23 PM   #10
lazyifoto

But what an odd coincidence...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brownstown Cancelled