IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!
7/2/10, 10:36 PM   #81
Re: Novel Idea!
pletchfan

WOW, I could tell tons of stories here we all know that. Most of all I totally LOVED all the years that TP raced. The excitment, the friends, the smells, the sites, the sounds. I am most grateful for a safe career for the most part. And I am totally grateful that he got to race as long as he wanted to. He retired when he was ready. GOD IS GOOD and he IS FAITHFUL!!! I enjoy watching it now on the computer Thanks USAC and Dean!! I continue to experience the friendship of many of you through this website, Thanks Bill. I have enjoyed reading all your posts. Carry on!! Thanks Mike for starting this thread. Hey, by the way I have not seen an Andrew update for awhile. Did I miss one?? I have not been on daily like I used to. Life seems to be much fuller now than it used to be.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, SprintManDave
7/2/10, 10:49 PM   #82
Scooter23

The thing that amazes me time and time again is the lasting friendships that have been forged thru my extended racing family. Starting with karts in 1980, working on the Indy car team in 1985, racing TQ midgets in '89, then dirt sprint cars, and now winged pavement sprint cars, I still see old friends I made at the track years ago and we remember each other. Several of my very best friends are people I met thru racing. A tighter, more compassionate group of people doesn't exist. I feel blessed to not only have been able to pursue the sport I love, but also to have made these tried-and-true friendships along the way.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Mud Packer
7/3/10, 1:51 AM   #83
v8j

if methonal and burnt rubber was cologne I would use it !

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
7/3/10, 2:13 AM   #84
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8j View Post
if methonal and burnt rubber was cologne I would use it !
no doubt. I'll buy a case

7/3/10, 11:41 AM   #85
racefanindy

I always liked cars as a kid so it was a natural progression to like loud, fast race cars.

Like others have posted earlier, I also like the sounds, smells & colors of racing. I love the sound of sprint cars IDLING slowly just as much as i love the sound of sprint cars at FULL BLAST!!

Lastly, I have a HUGE appreciation for race drivers who do things with race cars that I would never have the bravery to do. Especially climbing right back into a race car after a bad crash & going right back at it.

7/3/10, 4:21 PM   #86
bojo20

Started going to races as a lil kid{Raceway Park Santa fe Speedway O'hare Stdium Mance park 87th St speedway} all long gone Now living in Phx and Manzy is gone.Thankful for all the years of racing I have enjoyed And Bill G., all the many friends I have made and once again to be able to drive to Ind.for sprint week.And Thank god for making it all possible.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Novel Idea!