IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brian26 (Offline)
  #1 3/23/10 3:34 PM
Non-fatal, yet the very moment the NCRA decided bladders were required.

http://www.hoseheadforums.com/forum....31CF93B56693BC
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #2 3/23/10 4:11 PM
What a crazy scene, i think they did a damn good job of getting things back under control.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #3 3/23/10 11:15 PM
What impresses me most is the guys running toward the fire, instead of away. Watch the guys in the pits, that is very impressive. Bravery to the highest degree.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #4 3/24/10 11:43 AM
I think they did a good job and were brave, IDK for the time it seems they were not prepared for a scene like this and I still see it today at some tracks. Having a pumper full of foam at a track today I would deem essential and also a fire and rescue crew with Gear that could get close.

In that scene I see a ton of extinquishers being used from 100ft away because it was so hot. Yet I seen guys running in and hooking tow chains and stuff. Brave Id also say the fire dept responded pretty quickly.

See ya at the track, stay safe as possible in a race car and at the track

Charles Nungester
Brolzy (Offline)
  #5 3/24/10 4:52 PM
It's amazing that that wasn't a fatal accident. What a history lesson...a hard one, but important in the long run. Did you see everyone scatter at the explosion just before the fire trucks got there? And the camera guy felt the heat....that's amazing.