IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
5/26/10, 9:19 PM   #61
Re: R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett
Michael Dutcher

The first time that I ever talked to Jesse Hockett, he walked up to me and said you must be a great mechanic because everything that you work on is fast. I told him that I would be a whole lot better if he would drive my car and he told me that maybe one day we can get together. I'll never forget those words. I've been very fortunate to have some of the greatest sprint car drivers in my cars and as my best friends and this is one of my saddest days. Jesse was a true outlaw traveler and will always be one of my heroes. I wish I could have gotten a shot with "The Rocket" just once. He will be greatly missed. Mike Dutcher #37 Indiana Underground.

5/26/10, 9:21 PM   #62
grinch

R I P.......Hard to believe this is real..........

5/26/10, 9:24 PM   #63
Eric Thompson II

That is absolutely horrible. I don't know what to say. Does anybody know where I could get a shirt? I'm sure that will be a piece to hold onto.

5/26/10, 9:24 PM   #64
younggun398

So so sad to hear. Jesse was a great guy, outgoing, helpful, intellagent, and brave. I am very pround to say he was a friend of mine and fellow racer. He had great talent and truely loved our sport. Jesse was a hero to many and will remain one. I am pround to say i have raced side by side with one of the best and will tell this for years to come. He will be truely missed. Thought and prayers go out to his family and friends from us all at RGM. #98

Sincerely,
Chad Boespflug

5/26/10, 9:24 PM   #65
redbullfan

r.i.p.JESSE ... PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FANS SUCH A SAD DAY IN THE RACING WORLD

5/26/10, 9:26 PM   #66
bmemmer

R.I.P Jesse

5/26/10, 9:26 PM   #67
1BIGracefan

Jesse Hockett was a class act and always had time for a quick conversation. He was a true talent and a real "outlaw" he will be missed by all!!

Gods Speed Rocket

5/26/10, 9:29 PM   #68
fishnman

A throwback............ a true racer

R.I.P. You will be missed.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
5/26/10, 9:30 PM   #69
sprint38racer

so hard to believe RIP Jesse and prayers and thoughts for family and friends

5/26/10, 9:39 PM   #70
farriswheel

Rest in Peace "Rocket". I enjoyed watching you display your talents and though I never had the chance to speak with you, it seems as if you have left your mark on the hearts of many. Prayers to the entire Hockett family/friends.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > R.I.P Jesse "The Rocket" Hockett