IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
speed bump (Offline)
  #1 4/29/18 8:37 AM
Im not really an F 1 fan ...but it is something to watch on a Sunday morning ...I do have to say that this year its being covered by ESPN ..and it is much better coverage and the announcers are very good and actually make it kinda exciting ..they seem to really get into it..unlike the announcers in past years ...
Therealether (Offline)
  #2 4/29/18 1:57 PM
That's because ESPN is just passing along the Sky feed, announcers and all.
5 Likes: Bostonian, chrismattlin, cmakin, Simon_says17, speed bump
Blackduce (Offline)
  #3 4/29/18 8:33 PM
I never seen any crowd.
Except 1 small grandstand and it was only 1/2 full.

Lynn
Backitin (Offline)
  #4 4/30/18 7:33 AM
I'm up early always and try to watch f1, never get past a couple of laps. Its the best example of how the more tech you have the worse the racing is.
5 Likes: captrat, cornerthree, RadRacer, speed bump, Unlucky#9
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 4/30/18 1:38 PM
The first race of the season was terrible in regards the coverage, but they have improved. I preferred the old announcing team. David Hobbs was always interesting and amusing. I miss his “he done blowed up” comment.

Ron Miller
4 Likes: Bostonian, chrismattlin, FrankR63, Simon_says17
Nate (Offline)
  #6 4/30/18 1:55 PM
Originally Posted by Backitin:
I'm up early always and try to watch f1, never get past a couple of laps. Its the best example of how the more tech you have the worse the racing is.
Right...That's why the top three in the race yesterday all changed within the last two laps. Meanwhile at the "legendary" Talladega that's renown for its passing, there were exactly 0 passes for the lead in the last 40 laps.

Vettel beat Bottas by 0.6 seconds in Bahrain after running 200 miles without the aid of any "stages" or "debris cautions" to let everyone catch up. Even the USAC races at Bloomington, Haubstadt and Terre Haute had larger margins of victory than that this weekend (not saying that was bad racing).

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, jdull99, luckybuc97, mc/rider, PIT CART, RadRacer, speed bump, turn4, wright59
hoosierboy3 (Offline)
  #7 4/30/18 2:15 PM
I’m not a fan of restrictor plate racing as it is but I usually tune in, as it still makes for exciting finishes. But yes, yesterday was one of the worst races I’ve watched. I miss the two car tandems personally.
Backitin (Offline)
  #8 4/30/18 6:39 PM
Originally Posted by Nate:
Right...That's why the top three in the race yesterday all changed within the last two laps. Meanwhile at the "legendary" Talladega that's renown for its passing, there were exactly 0 passes for the lead in the last 40 laps.

Vettel beat Bottas by 0.6 seconds in Bahrain after running 200 miles without the aid of any "stages" or "debris cautions" to let everyone catch up. Even the USAC races at Bloomington, Haubstadt and Terre Haute had larger margins of victory than that this weekend (not saying that was bad racing).
Yada Yada
Dude, eventually the stars will align and they will have a good race, its not worth watching everyone to hopefully see a unicorn.
wright59 (Offline)
  #9 4/30/18 7:45 PM
You’re an idiot backitin!! You obvious haven’t been watching the races and just talking
4 Likes: FrankR63, mc/rider, speed bump, turn4