IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Desoto Speedway safety
3/26/17, 5:45 PM   #11
trannyman

I wasn't criticizing.only clarifying for the one poster that it does go on.it will have.to be a combined effort to try to fix.blaming a track every time we lose a racer isn't going to fix it.and with due respect,I'm guessing the family isn't on here giving a rat a$$ about post while dealing with such a horrific situation.

2 members like this post: fish, ronmil
3/26/17, 7:26 PM   #12
Re: Desoto Speedway safety
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Brownstown had a ambulance and at least has every time I've seen a sprint race there.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
3/26/17, 8:17 PM   #13
Mattmac05

Must have just been one event. I can specifically remember them tell us at the drivers meeting, " Don't worry if someone gets hurt, we will call and get an ambulance here." Must have just been a one time deal. Thank you for clarifying.

3 members like this post: tirespinner, TqMidget41&84, trannyman
3/26/17, 8:40 PM   #14
chasinracin2

There was ambulance at Brownstown last night.

3/26/17, 10:42 PM   #15
smith19

I've been to brownstown at least 75 times and they always had an ambulance. not very speedy though. I think bobby gomph made the brownstown regulars look foolish last night on his speedy assistance to accidents. lol even heard comments from the late model regulars...wtg bobby!!! (Lawrenceburg safety crew)
Last edited by smith19; 3/28/17 at 9:50 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, flatout
3/26/17, 11:03 PM   #16
Buster51

Anyone know what happen to Peirce made the race didnt start. Saw ambulance at his trailer when leaving.

3/26/17, 11:31 PM   #17
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster51 View Post
Anyone know what happen to Peirce made the race didnt start. Saw ambulance at his trailer when leaving.
Thought he had the flu, something a little more serious going on inside and had to have surgery today. Don't know much more than that.

3/27/17, 7:24 AM   #18
FALCONEDDIE

Some Florida tracks such as Volusia County and New SMyrna have their own used ambulances and staffed by off duty emts. Cost savings measure? These ambulances are not allowed to transport so they have to send ambulances from town and meet them at the gate. Anyone see $100 pit passes coming?

1 member likes this post: wallbanger II
3/27/17, 10:28 AM   #19
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Thought he had the flu, something a little more serious going on inside and had to have surgery today. Don't know much more than that.
Saw on Facebook he was driving with ruptured intestines and diverticulitis. Still put it in the show. That one tough guy! He and the Steele family are in my thoughts and prayers

3/27/17, 11:57 AM   #20
55fan

I have been to several races where when the ambulance left to transport a driver or fan the show was delayed until the ambulance returned. Following midgets in the Midwest I always assumed there were laws or insurance requirements that an ambulance was necessary whenever cars were on the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Desoto Speedway safety