IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Inaugural powri war east season opener
3/11/17, 3:18 PM   #1
Inaugural powri war east season opener
cshuman

Inaugural POWRi Lucas Oil WAR East Sprints Season Opener

Indianapolis, IN – Saturday, April 1 will kick off the POWRi Lucas Oil WAR East Sprints season with the inaugural race at Fayette County Speedway in Brownstown, Illinois. The much anticipated race will pay $2,000 to win and $200 to start.

Twelve races make up the 2017 POWRi WAR East schedule which will award the top five in points at the end of the season with a point fund listed below.

WAR East Point Fund:
1. $1,000
2. $750
3. $500
4. $400
5. $300

POWRi intends to increase exposure for non-wing sprint cars throughout the state of Illinois and beyond. This WAR East schedule and point fund is just a starting block, and the POWRi team will constantly look to build upon that.

"Being a racer myself, I believe the point fund being posted before the season takes off is important for our members,” said League Director Casey Shuman, “We’re excited to bring a non-wing sprint car series to Illinois. POWRi and Lucas Oil jumping on board this year has made it possible, and we’re honored to represent them.”

The official POWRi WAR Rules & Race Procedure has been posted under the “RULES AND DRIVER INFO” tab at POWRi.com. All competitors are encouraged to review the document as some revisions have been made. WAR and WAR East will follow the same rules and race procedure.

For further information, check out POWRi.com or Like/Follow POWRi WAR Sprints on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

www.Facebook.com/WARSprints
www.Twitter.com/WARSprints
www.Instagram.com/WARSprints

Photo Credit: Redlined Photography
Article Credit: Brooke Rowden
Attached Images
April 1 Press Release.jpg (62.1 KB, 89 views)

3/12/17, 3:00 PM   #2
treecitytornado

Fun track to race a Sprint Car at for sure! Should be a great show!

3/12/17, 5:09 PM   #3
cshuman

You coming out JT?

3/12/17, 5:38 PM   #4
Re: Inaugural powri war east season opener
hairracer44

Casey, What is your tire rules?

3/13/17, 10:36 AM   #5
cshuman

Hoosier tires all around. Right rear can be a Medium, H15, or Racesaver.

3/13/17, 10:51 AM   #6
Simon_says17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 17

I'll be there for sure! So excited to have traditional sprint car racing closer to home. I've been following the development of WAR closely since Casey took over and I think he and Brooke really have something special. I'll be at the races to support this series as much as I can. Cheers.

6 members like this post: cshuman, i love dirt track racing, luckybuc97, mscs20, oppweld, PAW
3/13/17, 11:04 AM   #7
cshuman

Thank you for the support, we are having a blast doing it, and are excited to get 2017 going!

3/28/17, 11:04 PM   #8
cshuman

We are just a few days away from our WAR East season opener! Would like to invite all of our Indiana racers over for what should be a fun night of racing on a cool little track! Brownstown is about 2 hours west of Indy, right off I-70. Hope to see you all there!

4 members like this post: Leohr46, oppweld, Simon_says17, sprinter31
3/29/17, 1:17 PM   #9
chathamracefan

Can't make it to this one, but I have the FALS & Jville midget week shows & the year end FALS sprint car show on my schedule for this year. It is neat to see more non wing racing coming to Illinois.

2 members like this post: oppweld, Simon_says17
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Inaugural powri war east season opener