IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets In The Dome At The America's Center
7/31/18, 12:40 PM   #1
Midgets In The Dome At The America's Center
ISF

I know it's the dog days of summer and we're into the meat of the outdoor racing season, but has anyone heard anything on who has been, or will be, invited to participate in the midget portion of The Gateway Dirt Nationals indoor show in St. Louis, MO this coming November/December. Possibly the invitation portion of the preparation hasn't commenced yet.

Since the Gateway midget participation is by invitation only I believe this event will be a non-sanctioned affair just 2 weeks prior to the USAC National Midget show at Du Quoin which is just 1 1/2 hours East of St. Louis. With The Chili Bowl cranking up just a little over month after the USAC show at Du Quoin this should make for a fun stretch of midget racing thoughout the Christmas Season and shortly after.

7/31/18, 1:14 PM   #2
Re: Midgets In The Dome At The America's Center
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Their facebook page invites drivers all the time but I don't know who's all replied. Gateway dirt nationals page i think

7/31/18, 1:33 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

I know Bell was first invite, and immediately replied on Twitter that he accepted.

7/31/18, 1:50 PM   #4
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 24
Race Count Last Year: 85

Here are the invitees as of today and as far as I know everyone listed has accepted: Christopher Bell, Tanner Thorson, Brady Bacon, Justin Grant, Logan Seavey, Chase Briscoe, Colby Copeland, Justin Allgaier, Shane Golobic, Holly Shelton, CJ Leary, Michael Pickens, Ronnie Gardner, Ryan Robinson, Tanner Carrick, Donny Schatz, Alex Bright, Kasey Kahne, Tyler Thomas, Joey Saldana, Tucker Klaasmeyer, Sammy Swindell, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Jerry Coons Jr., Tony Stewart, Sheldon Haudenschild, Spencer Bayston, Landon Simon, Chad Boat, Zach Daum, Kyle Larson, Tyler Courtney, Tim Shaffer, Rico Abreu and Kevin Thomas Jr. That makes 35, don't know if there will be more.

Bruce Eckel

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
7/31/18, 2:57 PM   #5
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Here are the invitees as of today and as far as I know everyone listed has accepted: Christopher Bell, Tanner Thorson, Brady Bacon, Justin Grant, Logan Seavey, Chase Briscoe, Colby Copeland, Justin Allgaier, Shane Golobic, Holly Shelton, CJ Leary, Michael Pickens, Ronnie Gardner, Ryan Robinson, Tanner Carrick, Donny Schatz, Alex Bright, Kasey Kahne, Tyler Thomas, Joey Saldana, Tucker Klaasmeyer, Sammy Swindell, Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Jerry Coons Jr., Tony Stewart, Sheldon Haudenschild, Spencer Bayston, Landon Simon, Chad Boat, Zach Daum, Kyle Larson, Tyler Courtney, Tim Shaffer, Rico Abreu and Kevin Thomas Jr. That makes 35, don't know if there will be more.

Bruce Eckel
There will supposedly be 40 drivers invited for the Modifieds and Midgets.
The rest will be late models.
This was a Late Model and Modified event to begin with and they got a good field of cars the past 2 years.
Now I think they may have made the event better with the addition of the Midgets.
I think they put a limit on the Modifieds because they where getting so many of them wanting to come.
The first year it was supposed to be 150 late models & 250 Modifieds with a total of 400 cars and about 75% of those entered showed up.
Last year they had about 90 or so in each division.
I think they could have easily have said first 100 cars entered in each division.
The racing have been pretty good for the small track.

1 member likes this post: WinglessLovers
7/31/18, 5:23 PM   #6
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post

Bruce Eckel
Is there a list on the Gateway Dirt Nationals website that indicates who has accepted their invite? I looked over the website but didn't see any listings of acceptee's.

7/31/18, 6:59 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Will all classes run each night, or different night for different cars? Disregard I found it.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 7/31/18 at 7:02 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets In The Dome At The America's Center