IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Speedway - Class Act
7/17/20, 3:16 PM   #11
Re: Anderson Speedway - Class Act
Kart29

That was a really good race.

I was able to get the whole family in for $40 and see a lot of good racing. I'd love to have more of that.

I thought Kyle O'Gara was fantastic in that race. He was running in about sixth or seventh, still on the lead lap until lap 100. At that time he took off and let it all hang out. He caught Bobby Santos who was running in second with 7 or 8 laps to go. With three laps left, Kyle dove under Santos going into T3 and slid into the corner sideways and trailing blue smoke. Still, he kept the car down on the bottom and made a clean on Santos to take over second place. If he had had about ten more laps, I believe he could have caught and challenged Tyler Rohrig who won very handily.

I hope to see Kyle do well in the Little 500 this year.

7/17/20, 4:42 PM   #12
Re: Anderson Speedway - Class Act
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Believe it or not, I have never been there! It is on my bucket list.
Ron, I've only been once, and that was when midgets had to have starters, so you know how long ago that was, I was there as part of the crew for a friend, I need to go with another friend who runs there with his sprint car, maybe I'll get that done this season.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anderson Speedway - Class Act