IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Online)
  #21 10/13/21 8:47 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
S Mike,
Can’t wait to hear your Best Race of the Year recap!

Ahh... I've pretty much been a Butler regular the past decade. I've seen mod races there that can make LeMans look like a sprint race.

At least Kokomo has an outside wall, for when you overshoot, you pay a price. That will reel the overzealous in quite quickly.

I'll try and report back, Rp. At best I'll get in a good looooong season ender.

The weather lookahead is thumbs up right now, too. Friday Night might be iffy.

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
6 Likes: bighd0522, Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, nathans1012, Rpracing1, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #22 10/13/21 10:14 PM
70+ mortifieds? Yeesh!

Hopefully there are time limits.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
3 Likes: Chief Wahoo, PIT CART, tirespinner
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #23 10/13/21 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
I'll take the push n flips instead of the start n brawls.😄
Originally Posted by ISF:
70+ mortifieds? Yeesh!

Hopefully there are time limits.
LOL
Friday
410 Non-Wing Sprints
Midgets
RaceSaver 305 Wing Sprints
Thunder Cars (Capped at 60 entries. 53 entered with 7 spots left)

Saturday
Late Models (Capped at 40 entries. FULL)
Modifieds (Capped at 80 entries. 76 entered. 4 spots left)
Sportsman / Superstocks (Capped at 40 entries. 40 Entered. FULL)
Street Stocks (Capped at 80 entries. 80 entered. FULL)
Hornets (Capped at 60 entries. 60 entered. FULL)

THEY CAPPED ENTRIES DUE TO THERE NOT BEING ENOUGH PARKING SPACE.

Should be some great racing both nights.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
Pitdad (Offline)
  #24 10/14/21 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
LOL
Friday
410 Non-Wing Sprints
Midgets
RaceSaver 305 Wing Sprints
Thunder Cars (Capped at 60 entries. 53 entered with 7 spots left)

Saturday
Late Models (Capped at 40 entries. FULL)
Modifieds (Capped at 80 entries. 76 entered. 4 spots left)
Sportsman / Superstocks (Capped at 40 entries. 40 Entered. FULL)
Street Stocks (Capped at 80 entries. 80 entered. FULL)
Hornets (Capped at 60 entries. 60 entered. FULL)

THEY CAPPED ENTRIES DUE TO THERE NOT BEING ENOUGH PARKING SPACE.

Should be some great racing both nights.
I hope it’s a great pair of shows. Sometimes car count jealousy takes on an ugly face.

Those Modified, Street Stock, and Hornet guys are working their butts off to compete, most of them with far, far less resources than their open wheel counterparts. It’s not my cup of tea, but that doesn’t make it any less important or valid. You folks enjoy yourselves.
14 Likes: 1modracer, 95KART, cwfan08, erich45, hoosier race fan, jonboat15, luckybuc97, nathans1012, PJ Wright, progressive22, racenut69, Rcar, Spi-nex, tirespinner
ISF (Offline)
  #25 10/14/21 9:33 AM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
LOL Should be some great racing both nights.
One night for sure.

At least they didn't cancel 2 weeks in advance due to rain in the forecast. There's that.

Originally Posted by Pitdad:
Sometimes car count jealousy takes on an ugly face.
No jealousy, just the vivid memories of 75 to 80 mortifieds at Volusia during Speed Weeks and getting back to Daytona after the nightly marathon at 2 AM year after year.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #26 10/14/21 10:31 AM
Friday’s forecast looks grim. I hope it’s wrong. We’re still planning on heading down Saturday if our favorite race car driver on the world goes. Forecast for Saturday looks good but a little cool but nothing extreme. In spite of the fact my interest Saturday is modifieds, I agree with most, it sounds like a bittersweet experience with that many of them
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #27 10/14/21 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Pitdad:
I hope it’s a great pair of shows. Sometimes car count jealousy takes on an ugly face.

Those Modified, Street Stock, and Hornet guys are working their butts off to compete, most of them with far, far less resources than their open wheel counterparts. It’s not my cup of tea, but that doesn’t make it any less important or valid. You folks enjoy yourselves.
For are crew the Kokomo Klash is one of the more fun races of the year. With the car counts being what they are you actually have time to work on your car or do repairs if needed. You can't go wrong with the race being at Kokomo. At least you know the track staff will give max effort.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
benvar (Offline)
  #28 10/14/21 11:19 AM
Rain forcast all day Friday - is this race still on for the 15th ?
bigvee (Offline)
  #29 10/14/21 2:30 PM
Everything moved back one day per Kokomospeedway.net
duel (Offline)
  #30 10/14/21 5:25 PM
I was hoping they would run Friday's show Sunday. Waynesfield and Anderson are both running Saturday. The stock car people have to make different plans that were only there Saturday.
4 Likes: chrismattlin, fish, flagboy55, tirespinner